Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 AM   #1 
Betta gladiator

Betta breeding

Hello, I have 2 betta fish, both male(separate aquariums ofcourse) and one of them is making bubbles, and I want to get him a female, but I don't know how to tell if the female is pregnant, so can someone please tell me ?
Betta gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I strongly recommend that you do some more research before you attempt to breed. Spawning betta is not that difficult if you have researched and have all the stuff for spawning and feeding of the fry. IMO/E-fry feeding and care can be a bit more tricky and can cost a bit if its your first spawn.

What is your plan and goal for breeding/spawning and do you have everything needed to spawn, cultures growing, jars, plan for the fry once old enough for new homes.

As for your question, the female once mature will have eggs at all times and once she detects the hormone of the male the eggs will ripen.
Placing two fish together without knowing what is going on could result in two injured or dead fish....do lots of research have a plan and then spawn.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #3 
FloridaBettas239

The way you asked your question i can tell you do not know very much and should not be breeding bettas anytime soon you need to study, read and then when you think you have it all figured out go study and read some more, and then you will be half way ready, then you can start learning the hand's on way
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #4 
FloridaBettas239

A good site to start at for information is bettatalk.com or bettysplendens.com they have ton's of info already posted
Old 07-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with OldFishLady and Floridabettas. A LOT of research is needed before breeding. Female bettas lay eggs and do not get pregnant.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:55 AM   #6 
Betta gladiator

Food

I realy want to breed my 2 male betta fish but I'm actualy worried, because I am not sure what to feed the young. Is it okay if grind the fish food I have ? can I give them raw meat ?
Old 07-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #7 
FloridaBettas239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta gladiator View Post
I realy want to breed my 2 male betta fish but I'm actualy worried, because I am not sure what to feed the young. Is it okay if grind the fish food I have ? can I give them raw meat ?

See the way you ask them question's means you shouldnt breed right now.there is so much info all over you can even go to google and ask what to feed betta fry. Like everyone said just go study and read everything and soon you will have the answer to your question and more. but for your answer no you can not give betta fry crushed fish food or meat. there so small they cant eat that stuff..
Old 07-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #8 
Campbell

Yes, research. First just quickly read over one of the breeding logs to see if you're still interested. Those will show you how much work goes into breeding. If you're still interested check out the sites mentioned above.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #9 
Betta gladiator

Thanks

Thank you very much. I guess you're right. I should not get too excited. I will reaserch about the fry, just as you suggested. Thanks again!