Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #1 
Terranariko

I got heatstroke today!

I was going on a walk to check my local petstore to see what betta's they had...and on the way back I passed out from heatstroke on a 4 way crossing, next to a resturant...o.o I was helped by two old-ish ladys and one of the waiters in the resturant, they gave me water and helped cool me down to get me better...which it did. Funny thing is...I didn't know it even happened...I was just dizzy all of a sudden and it got hard to breathe and I basicly passed out...

Ironic thing...almost NO ONE helped me for like 5-10 minutes...there was people in the resturant that could clearly see me and considering it's a 4 way crossing a bunch of people in cars could of stopped and helped, or I dunno give me a lift to the hospital...And a bunch of people walking on a day like that...And no one but those two ladys and that one waiter(who didn't know what happened till someone told her) helped...thats it...in 5-10 minutes that could of gotten a lot worst then it did... ._. considering it was a good 37-39 + a high humidity...

I dunno...I'm fine now...I have a sunburn tho...but I'm fine now I cooled down and got home safetly...but really? whats your opinion on this whole thing? I know it was kinda my fault-ish since I didn't wear a hat...I couldn't find one before leaving anyway...but still.

I'm not quite sure if it was heatstroke or dehydration...possibly both actually....
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #2 
Betta Slave

Ahhh! That must have been scary (...well I guess you couldn't see anything since you passed out, but...)
I'm just glad you're better now. o.o I don't have an opinion, but just glad you're feeling better (sucks about the sunburn, though.) I wouldn't have worn a hat either, lol.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #3 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Ahhh! That must have been scary (...well I guess you couldn't see anything since you passed out, but...)
I'm just glad you're better now. o.o I don't have an opinion, but just glad you're feeling better (sucks about the sunburn, though.) I wouldn't have worn a hat either, lol.
It sucks for me cause I didn't have any money to pay the waiter back...I don't like takeing stuff even if it's a glass of water...

Other wise the only thing scary about passing out there...was if no one helped me I most likely WOULD of died, or if I passed out on the road...

The only thing I really hated was when I passed out I had the feeling I needed to puke first....
anyway....
Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Glad your okay, sounds like heat for sure, sad that people just walk and drive past a person laying in the middle of the street...what has our world come too.......
You better find that hat before your next walk.....glad your okay now...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #5 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Glad your okay, sounds like heat for sure, sad that people just walk and drive past a person laying in the middle of the street...what has our world come too.......
You better find that hat before your next walk.....glad your okay now...
Considering it just happened like 20-30 minutes ago I'm still a little shaken up...but other wise I'm fine...I think...

Yeah that was my though...like why didn't someone help me sooner?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #6 
vaygirl

Yikes! You' are lucky you didn't fall in the street, you'd probably have third degree burns from the heat of the road. Drink water and stay calm for a while. Take your temp and make sure it's not high. A woman here died from heatstroke. She was only 45 and her body temp was 108.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #7 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Yikes! You' are lucky you didn't fall in the street, you'd probably have third degree burns from the heat of the road. Drink water and stay calm for a while. Take your temp and make sure it's not high. A woman here died from heatstroke. She was only 45 and her body temp was 108.
Yeah my temp is down now...I just need to rest and I'll be fine...
Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #8 
vaygirl

And wear a hat! :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #9 
Sarada

That happened to me standing in line at a grocery store. At least someone caught me...and walked me home...and stayed for drinks...a cute boy from school :P I miss highschool sometimes.
I'm sorry nobody stopped for you, just shows what this world is coming to. If it's any consolation I would have stopped and at least called someone and waited till you got help.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #10 
doggyhog

Yikes!!! Maybe a cool shower would help you cool down. :)

It's such an odd feeling to get knocked out isn't it!? So glad you are OK!

That is awful that no one stopped to help you for that long. I would have stopped to help you too... I have struggles with my health so I know that if I had an incident like that I'd want someone to stop and help me..

Get some good rest and... wear a hat!! LOL (Although I probably wouldn't have either.. :P)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote