Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #21 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I'm too Sexy for my tank - too sexy for my tank.......

LOL. I think it's cute.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #22 
goldyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I'm too Sexy for my tank - too sexy for my tank.......

LOL. I think it's cute.
Awesome.
goldyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #23 
Kashi

!! That first comment wasn't rude, just an opinion. ^^;
And thanks for the lovely comments. =D

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions on his little belly there... I've been feeding him those little nubby pellets you buy from walmart and he loves him, and I've been yelling at my father since Sexy is homebound with me over the summer not to feed him since I'm scared that I may feed him when he has already. So he's been getting some special lovin' from momma.

I went out and got some blood worms, so when he's done poopin' out all his biz, he'll be good. I'm just afraid though after fasting for a few days he might die because of me not feeding him D: How long is too long for not feeding your fish? Worries me dearly to know that he might not be okay.

Regardless, I took out his filter for a bit because I thought he was a bit sluggish, and don't beat me senseless, he has been living without a heater.. >> but I plugged in my desk lamp so he basked in it until I finally got a heater. =D

I also think he's a bit ADD. His bubble nest is so SCATTERED about his tank, lol. I think he's on to something great. (:
Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #24 
CodeRed

Welcome to the forum ^_^ Agreeing with everyone else that he totally deserves his name. TBH, even though my bettas have names, I usually just call them "Baby" or "Boy" or "Hun" or... you get the drift. If I used the word "Sexy" ever, I imagine I'd be calling them that, too xD It's a cute name that cuts to the chase. Gorgeous CT, though. Lovely fins.

Bettas CAN live up to three weeks without food, but 1 week is generally the most I ever leave mine without food (only on vacations, though xD It's not a normal thing I do). Most people suggest fasting your betta one day a week to help with digestion. Try to ignore the puppy dog eyes, it's for their own good ^_^ Once again, welcome to the forum!
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #25 
Kashi

Oh my! I didn't know that at all...

My boyfriend was always worried about leaving his poor betta only on the weekends to come see me. I feel a tad bit better now, lol. I thought like, three days would have been overkill or something.

Well, now you know I guess. Hopefully he'll work on his little bubble nest instead of bapping on the glass for food, hehe.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #26 
CodeRed

Yeah, they'll aim for your fingers when you feed them again for a bit of revenge, but it won't hurt em at all ^-^
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #27 
FuulieQ

Haha! I've never gotten a finger bitten, I dunno what you're feeding your fish~ ;D
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #28 
Kashi

Steroids? x)

Day 3 of fasting Sexy... He looks so anxious swimming around, so that's always promising.

Needless to say, he's poopin' quite a bit.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #29 
Beethoven

He's a good looking fish for coming from Wal*Mart. The last time I was at wally world checking out bettas, I found a BEAUTIFUL orange VT crippled over floating in his little plastic bowl. It broke my heart that such a gorgeous fish had to die on the shelf at wal mart. My local wal mart sucks at fish though. They never look good so congrats!
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #30 
Kashi

Oh, he was a scrawny one when I first got him, I never IMAGINED him to look like he does now. His fins were slightly impressive, I mainly got him because he was feisty and not really red at the time. Once I got him home and in a bigger tank, his red came out crazyyyy, and now he has a turquoise like blue along his fins. It's always cute though to go back to walmart and see such little versions of him. I always hope that they go to good homes and grow to be like Sexy is now. One walmart takes good care of them, and I hardly see dead ones ><. The other walmart I have on the other hand. D:

I feel the need to separate the bettas like children on the shelves because they're fighting amongst each other in the cups. I guess that gives them something to do. x)

They got a new stock in a couple days ago, and they were all pretty. :< I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to buy another to replace his gold and blue betta, Uther.