Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #1 
Campbell

Red face Considering an aquabid purchase...

So I promised myself I would only keep one beta, but lately I've been thinking one more couldn't hurt. I would like another female, but my local pet stores don't get many in. (plus, I hate to support them) I was looking at some on aquabid. I came close to ordering one, but they I figured those female would be better suited for someone looking to breed? I feel like I would be wasting her genes? Haha, I know that make very little sense. So what do you think?

Last edited by Campbell; 07-09-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #2 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
So I promised myself I would only keep one beta, but lately I've been thinking one more couldn't hurt. I would like another female, but my local pet stores don't get many in. (plus, I hate to support them) I was looking at some on aquabid. I came close to ordering one, but they I figured those female would be better suited for someone looking to breed? I feel like I would be wasting her genes? Haha, I know that make very little sense. So what do you think?
It's all your choice really...if you don't want to breed them you don't have too...also you might wanna consider that breeding might not be a good thing unless you have a good place to place the fry...

Other wise as long as you keep both females separated...since two females will fight if kept in the same tank. It's fine if you buy it or dont...it really is your choice.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #3 
Sarada

Do it! Give the fishy a good life.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #4 
Campbell

@Tarranariko Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I am NOT looking to breed. I was just wondering if it was worth it to order a female when I'm just looking for a pet.
She would be in her own tank. I'm not looking to start a sorority.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #5 
frogipoi

Hey Aurora looks like a breeding type of betta and he might not get bred. Just pick a good betta. Pet stores are nicer choice because they are closer, get to interact with the bettas and you don't have to be guilty about wasting genes but if you don't like to support bad things its okay. Aqua bid has expensive fish.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #6 
Campbell

Hmm, well now that I think about it that's alot to put a fish through just to get a pretty female. The ones I see at pet stores are dull with very little color. I have to go to Petsmart for guinea pig food later today, so I'll have a look.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #7 
frogipoi

They get brighter when they are at home.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #8 
Sarada

I got my girl at the pet store. She had NO color when I got her but is gaining a few different colors now. Purple, green, red and blue!
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

You don't have to breed. You can just get an Aquabid fish just to have a nice quality pet.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote