Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

:'(

Sid Vicious died.

I'm so upset. Out of all crap that has happened to me lately this is by far one of the worst things.

A few days after I removed him from the fry he developed ich. I was treating him with high heat and salt but no change. I decided to treat him with Quick Cure and started that 3 days ago. Today I found him dead in my hospital tank.

I don't know how I'm going to tell Mom. He was her fish and I promised her that he would get better. Everything I've ever read says that ich is easily cured and most fish get over it. I'm scared that maybe it was the medication that killed him but I can't see how since even my little fry are doing ok with the meds.

He was a healthy fish. Besides the ich there was nothing wrong. He shouldn't have died. He was so young and such a good father.. too good to be true. I had such high hopes for him and his future spawns.

I'm so discouraged. I'm almost to the point where I want to just re-home all the fish and get out all together. First with Mr. Pink, then Demetri has velvet which isn't getting better, then the Sid got ich, then the marble fry got it too, now Sid is dead. I can't take much more of this.

I just hope some of his babies make it.

1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #2 
metalbetta

Oh that's terrible! I'm so sorry! :(

Things like this happen though... ESPECIALLY in the fish keeping hobby... Keep on truckin' girl, youll get through this! R.I.P. Sid.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #3 
Betta Slave

I am so sorry for your loss But his fry will live on!
R.I.P Sid Vicious
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #4 
vaygirl

I'm so sorry. :(
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #5 
Oldfishlady

Wow, I am so sorry for your loss....I know it can be discouraging-but don't give up.....we all have set-backs. I had one myself when I first got my diagnosis and lost nearly 5 years of work due to being so sick, all stock dead but 3 fish....and I had to start all over...it was hard and depressing........and now things are even better than I ever expected......

You have his offspring and in less than 6 months you will be set with great breeders and now with tons of hands-on experience...don't let that go to waste.......you are a great fish keeper an the hobby needs more people like you.....keep your chin up....sometimes things can get worse before they get better...but they will get better......hang in there......and I am sure your mom will understand...she knows you better than anyone and she knows you did all you could do and sometimes these things happen.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #6 
xswornxoffxjello

I'm really sorry. R.I.P. Sid.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

Thanks guys.

I'm so bummed. He was the star of the show and I had high hopes for many more spawns from him. I've even been looking at different females I could get to breed him with in addition to Nancy and any girls from the current spawn. He was such a great daddy. I just wish I would have left him with his babies.

I'm giving my Alexander and Chaos to my Mom and perhaps another fish. She bought a 20 gallon tank for Sid and I was going to set it up next week :(
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #8 
kuklachica

I'm so sorry Jackie. I know it must be discouraging, but don't give up. You are a great fish mom and did everything you could. Your mom will understand. Hang in there!! ((HUG))
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
I'm so sorry Jackie. I know it must be discouraging, but don't give up. You are a great fish mom and did everything you could. Your mom will understand. Hang in there!! ((HUG))

Kuklachica said what I was going to say.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #10 
sjones

Sidney! Nooo! Great namesake, so sad on both accounts:(
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote