Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #1 
Sylverlilly

Question about feeding

I just wanted to see if the way I have been feeding Stormy seems ok. The tiny pellets stick to my fingertips so I have been taking one, letting it stick, and carefully dipping my finger (just barely) so it drifts near his mouth. Sometimes my hands are sweaty/stickyish because of heat and dropping them was just extra work. He was eating fine this way I knew he wasn't scared by it. But now he's getting quicker I guess and he actually takes the pellet off of my fingertip as I'm dipping it by him, is this alright to do? It just seems easier for him, especially since with dropping they sometimes sink kind of quick and than he has to go dive after them. Thanks for any feedback.
Sylverlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #2 
BittyB

Whatever works I say. So long as you don't have anything on your hands that will leak into the water, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Mine likes to eat small things and so crushing it doesnt make it float so long so I feed him on his hammock and he seems to be eating better now. I think everyone has their own way of making it easier for their individual fish.
BittyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #3 
shellieca
Reference Team

+1 with bittyb. The only thing I'd add is chasing his food isn't a bad thing. Personally I think its good for them to have to work a little bit for it. Gives them exercise & I think its stimulates they're little brains.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #4 
Sylverlilly

Thank you guys, I just wanted to be sure this wasn't something bad for him. My hands are always clean when I'm feeding him. I'm contemplating the betta log since Stormy has no interest in the hammock. I guess dropping a pellet in there would prevent it from sinking. For now though this has been the easiest way to feed him.
Sylverlilly is offline   Reply With Quote