Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #1 
Maryrox247

Exclamation Ich epidemic in 20 gallon. PLEASE HELP!

Well yesterday i noticed that my king betta, fishy, had white dots on his body in fins. (around 5 or 6 total.) so i put him in a 1/2 gallon container (kept at 80 degrees by floating it in my tank) and added 1/2 tsp. of salt. Now he doesn't have the dots (ich in free swimming stage) and NOW i see one dot on my neon tetra in the tank and i can see that ohantom has a few pinholes on his tail and a few rips. And i can see white dots on his tail.( He is white but i can tell they are notnormal for him) So pretty much my whole tank has ich except for one neon and one rasbora. I dont have any meds except betta revive but the whole thing only treats five gallons and im using it for roger's fin rot. I do have epsom,aquarium, and kosher salt. HELP! Any medicine suggestions?????
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I would start by making some water changes and deep gravel vacuuming daily to manually remove the parasites, raise the temp slowly to 84-86F and watch the fish closely for any sign of distress, some fish cannot tolerate high temp but most will tolerate it for short period of time.
I would keep making 100% water changes on king betta half gallon for at least 3 days past the last day you could see ich on his body
I would be careful with salt's due to some species you have not being very salt tolerant.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #3 
Maryrox247

i think i will put the king betta in the 20 gallon since they all have ich and it will be easier to just treat the whole tank.

Will maracine treat ich and finrot?
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote