Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #1 
hsully23

No Heater?

I bought my male betta fish Pablo around April of this year. I never used a heater with him because I couldn't find one to put in my 2.5 gallon tank. Now I've had him for roughly three months and still haven't used a heater. I just transferred him into a ten gallon tank because he seemed a little bored and clausterphobic in his other tank. His new tank also has a filter which I never used in his other tank.
My question is, should I buy a heater? I still have yet to use one with him and he seems relatively healthy. I mean, I know buying a heater would be best for his health, but can I get by with not using one for a few weeks?
And, if I put a heater in, could he get sick from the change in temp? He's used to cooler water now so I'm not sure if warming up his tank all of a sudden would be good for him.
Thanks!
hsully23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #2 
Welsh

If you get a heater you will definately see a change in your betta, if you think he is healthy now wait until he is in warmer water and you will really see him thrive :)
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #3 
Alienbetta1
Banned

I agree with Welsh.Do it your Betta will be happy and healthy!=D
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote