Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #1 
Josh12

1.5 gallon tank, is it acceptable?

I am thinking of buying a 1.5 gallon tank for my Betta, is it acceptable for one Betta? Right now my Betta is in a temporary tank that is a 0.5 gallon tank, but I think a 1.5 gallon would be perfect for just her. She is about 1 inch long.. If this is to small, what size tank should I get just for her?
Josh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #2 
kuklachica

1.5 would work as long as you kept up with the 100% water changes (every 2-3 days, not longer). Think about the fact that she will be swimming in her own toilet, essentially. Water changes will need to be made quite often in a small tank like that to keep her waste buildup down. The bigger, the better. I'd recommend at least a 2.5 gallon, but better would be a 5. This would allow you to be able to cycle the tank, thus doing water changes less often (and no 100% changes), and put less stress on her (hardly any waste buildup and not changing the tank around 100% every 2 or 3 days).

I hope this helps!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #3 
FloridaBettas239

1.5 gallon is fine, Some people's fish would give a right fin to be in that. Because people have them in small container's.

I bought a 1.5 gallon for my little brother, It has a hood with a led light, A wisper filter and air pump. For 15.00 dollar's all i had to buy was gravle and plant's. Anyway long story short everything has been doing great for a year now. I make him do 50% water changes every week and everything is clean and brand new looking a year later. No sick fish and teaches him responsabilty.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have 2 of mine in 1.5 gallon critter keepers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote