Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #11 
NIB BETTA

Very nice, I can't wait to see the fry.
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #12 
FloridaBettas239

Yeah when i seen this fish I had to have it. He is just thumb's up all the way across the board as for IBC standards the marbling could be worked on but he is awesome.

Yeah i got him from aquastar he is a friend from the net. He has been my mentor and the only breeder i buy from over sea's. When you buy one of his fish your buying into his line. A line he has worked so hard on.

I love marble's to they have they have the jumping gene one year they look one way and the next year there a totally different fish its so awesome to watch them transform. You never no what your going to get if you go to bettysplendens.com you can readf the artical on the jumping gene and see a fish go from a beautiful marble to a butterfly to a solid.

I will have some babies for sale, I just dont no when. Because im going to start my own line and in order to do that i have to grow the fry. To at least 6 months old or more so i can selective breed by IBC standards and make my own line. So they will most likely be almost a year old and it will be the one's im not keeping for my breeding stock..

Male's = 25.00
Female's = 10.00

Also the fish on my avatar i got him from bettysplendens.com with a spawn sister. And they have a spawn going when they are old enough i will post them on here to let everyone on here grab them up before i take them to the pet store. Give everyone a chance to get the good one's..

Male's = 15.00
Female's = 5.00

Keep it in mind
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #13 
NIB BETTA

Kit is awesome, actually, a lot of the breeders on AB are really nice to deal with.

Okay, now I need some education. What about this betta made you say this is the one? I ask because I have seen what I think are his siblings and there have been a few that I thought "looked better", but I am just going off of my personal opinion.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #14 
FloridaBettas239

What made me say he is the one? Well that's what my line is already. I have a pair of halfmoon marble blue dragon from bettysplendens also i have a pair of blue butterfly halfmoon with a little dragon influence from aquastar. So that is my thing some people like red or whatever i have been working on a marbled blue dragon line for 2 years now. So when i seen him i new right away i had to have him, I had to add his genetics to my line. And make my own line with him.

Also he can be improved but as far as fin's go he is almost a picture perfect show quality . Notice how i said almost. Because he is not perfect at all but he has it going on. it wouldn't be hard at all to have a show winning line from him a year from now. Im not saying there is not better fish on AB but the blue dragon marble is my thing, That's my line so i had to have him.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #15 
NIB BETTA

I should have asked what made you choose this blue dragon over others. I know one breeder that is working on his line and he selected his last male strictly because of color. He wanted the red in his line to be more intense.

I was curious if you selected this male to improve and or add a particular characteristic to your line. Or if you just saw him and had to have him.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #16 
FloridaBettas239

Okay now i no what you mean. Yes i did my this fish to improve my line. I am going to do dorsal fin improvment's to my F1 line and then start a line with him.

I dont like to introduce red into my line's because it's a hard color to get out. It take's year's to wash it out sometime's.

I been looking on AB and havent seen any bettas like him. But even if i did i only buy from aquastar you have to watch some of the breeders.

I will start a thread about AB breeders soon.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #17 
NIB BETTA

I look forward to your post on AB. I have purchased over 18 betta's from AB, and there is another poster that has over 42 betta's it would be interesting to compare notes.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #18 
FloridaBettas239

I posted the AB thread in the betta chat section..
Old 07-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #19 
Adastra

He does look like a good complement to your other male. The new one has a nicer topline and the coloration seems spot on for what you're going for. The dorsal also looks taller and straighter in this fish, although the caudal is a little notchy. Pics of the females are a little to small to see properly, lol, but I'm sure you'll have beautiful babies. Good luck.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #20 
FloridaBettas239

Thank you, Yeah i got him to do dorsal fin improvment's. Like you pointed out if you look at his. It's taller and more straight up. If you look at my other male, It's like it's blowing in the wind. Which both are fine but the more straight up is better in the judge's eye's. Now 2 or 3 years ago they would of picked the dorsal thats like it's blowing in the wind. And now it's the other way that's more desirable to the judge's.

Yeah thats the way the female pictures come off my email i could see them up close but when i got them from the email thats how they are i dont no. I will take some when i get the fish here and re post them so there a little better.

I cant wait he is going out on the 14th which is tomorrow i cant wait