Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #21 
FloridaBettas239

Here is one of my females i dont have her flaring. Its just some pictures laying around..

*THIS IS HOW MUCH A MARBLE CAN CHANGE!!!!

Before 6 Month's ago

And now this is what she look's like..

You can see the dragon influence from above

You can see in this picture she is a little green now she just keeps changing lol..
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #22 
NIB BETTA

Do you plan on breeding the male you got from Kit with this female as well? Would it be a good idea to breed him with all three females? If not, what criteria will you use to select the female to breed with him? Is it a good idea to see how strong his marble gene is before you select the female?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just really interested in what breeders go through to develop a line.
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #23 
FloridaBettas239

It's okay you can ask whatever you want, But yes i will breed the betta i got from kit to all three female's. Because each spawn will throw different fry. Which i will pick the best 2 out of each spawn which will be a F1. And that's when selective breeding come's in. I have three sets of bettas now.. not looking at the bettas i got from kit or anything just the 2 best that i picked out of 3 spawns. So now i have 3 set's of awesome looking bettas. So about 2 time's a year i will cross them into each other. so there isn't to much inbreeding going on. Once ive started doing that then this is when it really starts being considered my own line. Because ive took what i think is the best to IBC standards out of each spawn, and breed them which make's my line and a F2 spawn. I wont have all this until a year from now. And this is why i dont sell many bettas because im selective breeding so you have to choose who to let go a who to keep. But yeah theres a lot you will go threw when your this deep..
Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 AM   #24 
FloridaBettas239

yeaa im so happy, I just talked to my trans shipper and my fish will be at UPS today, And i will have them tomorrow. Im so happy i cant wait i just want today to be over with. Whats nice to is since they went to the trans shipper in florida, And i live in florida it only cost me 17 dollars instead of 32 like everyone else..
Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #25 
NIB BETTA

Can't wait to see pics?
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #26 
FloridaBettas239

I will take some pictures when everything gets back to normal. I am waiting on the fish from thai right now. UPS is supposed to be here any time now, and I have been looking out the window every couple minutes. Im so excited and cant wait this guy needs to hurry. Its to much stress lol... But yeah i will get some pictures when things get back to normal. Im in the middle of re doing my fish/breeding room plus my wife and her horse. She does these rodeo event's. So i got my hand's full this year, but i cant wait untill next year i will have new lines going and a new fish room. Im going to look into making a web site. Just something small not a all out site. I dont have that kind of money lol...