Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #1 
fastrack20

Filter Current

Hey,

Me and my girlfriend just got a betta this past week. First we had him in a 1 gallon, but today we got him a nice 5 gallon tank. He has a heater and a Tetra Whisper Internal Power Filer for 2-10 gallon aquariums. In his last tank he didn't move around all too much, he liked to chill out in one spot for long periods. However, in this new tank he seems to want to relax in one spot, but the current won't let him. Any thoughts, suggestions?

On another note, we haven't been able to get him to eat anything - we've tried flakes, pellets, and freeze-dried bloodworms (the pet store was out of frozen ones). Should we just wait another day or two and see if he eats once he adjusts?

Thanks.
fastrack20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #2 
XSprinkleFaceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrack20 View Post
Hey,

Me and my girlfriend just got a betta this past week. First we had him in a 1 gallon, but today we got him a nice 5 gallon tank. He has a heater and a Tetra Whisper Internal Power Filer for 2-10 gallon aquariums. In his last tank he didn't move around all too much, he liked to chill out in one spot for long periods. However, in this new tank he seems to want to relax in one spot, but the current won't let him. Any thoughts, suggestions?

On another note, we haven't been able to get him to eat anything - we've tried flakes, pellets, and freeze-dried bloodworms (the pet store was out of frozen ones). Should we just wait another day or two and see if he eats once he adjusts?

Thanks.
He's just adjusting. Keep feeding him daily an scoop out what he doesnt eat. Eventually he'll eat his food. Finn took 3 days. Bettas can live weeks w.o food.
XSprinkleFaceX is offline   Reply With Quote