Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #1531 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkrealm View Post
does anyone know what scratches and missing scales look like on Bettas?
I was watching my little guy just previously and he looked fine, but when I reached into his tank to remove a dead leaf he tried to bite my hand. I still didn't notice anything immediately, so I just thought it was amusing and went stuck my hand in deaper so he wouldn't do it again ( he's not agressive they just looked bite-able I guess ) and went back to removing some leaves and then I started a water change. halfway through I noticed a tiny streak on his face just over one of his eyes... it's a little white-ish blue and it looks like a scratch to me or missing scales ( maybe he hit it on an uprooted plant or one of the plastic holders or did it when he hit my hand even though I didn't notice it? )
but I wanted to make sure if possible. it's not a spot like a parasite and it doesn't look like a worm.

it's peeling a little too, so I think he scratched the skin ;^;

extra:
he seems to be okay, he's poking his head in the gravel and slinking on it a little, but I'm still adding water so that might be why, he's not throwing himself into it.
he might be a bit surprised, I can't tell :/
no stress streaks, mild tear to the tail ( but that's not new ) no signs of fin rot I can see, breathes normal far as I can tell
eats slowly these days but it's because the food is behind him ( I can't get it in front because he comes to the ABSOLUTE front ) and he doesn't see it for a really long time x-x he eats it once he sees it. and he dances around waiting for it near feeding time.

does anyone have a picture or ideas? and if it's a scratch should it be okay with clean water? I don't THINK he has any damage to the actual eye ( that I can see ) thanks ^-^;

also afre exposed plant roots fine?
my stupid moneywort won't stay under <T.T> he nips at them, but I don't think it should be an issue?
here's Robin after he decided to check if my snail's antennae were a tasty snack for him

it healed up pretty quick, I think just keep on eye on it and keep his water clean and he should be fine. if it starts looking fuzzy or anything you might want to make a thread in the disease section about it
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #1532 
inkrealm

Tisia-
aww poor baby.... I'm glad he's better now ^-^
they're so ridiculous sometimes, haha.. thankyou so much, it looks almost exactly like that so I bet that's what it is :)
he's slinking around a little but I guess it might have surprised him lol ><
thanks again :D
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #1533 
Tisia

he's definitely a silly little boy. I don't think he was being aggressive so much as curious, and maybe a bit piggish, lol. the snail was just in there temporarily to help clean up a messy plant, he got moved back into Sven's tank as soon as I saw the scratch on Robin's head
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #1534 
inkrealm

haha, yeah, likewise with mine :D I've heard some are really stubborn and cranky and tough-guy x3 mine's massively sweet-tempered though ^-^ he's just like staring at me with these big sad eyes like it's not his fault XD
I love them so much :D
and you're always stuck wondering how on earth they managed to do their latest injury to themselves >.< I never realized how amazing they are :D now if only we could hug them :'3 <3
Old 06-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #1535 
Wyvern

Arg if it was possible i would strangle my red boy (not really just frustrated now). I have gone over his tank with a fine tooth comb and there is nothing to hurt his fins. They were just healing up nicely and hes gone and taken a big chunk out of it again. And it happened in the last 40 mins whilst I was reading on my bed. I give up on him, I love his color and temperament except for this new nasty habit.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #1536 
inkrealm

Wyvern- you could try removing plants and adding a cup and putting in some FW AQ salt to see if it causes just enough stinging to make him stop, but idk :(
it is unfortunate D:
has he seemed bored lately?
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #1537 
Wyvern

Nope he is hyper and playfull, he has a habit of rearranging his plants so I let him at it since it keeps him busy. Dunno if he just got a fright tho cos I just salvaged some of my other plants from the goldfish tank - they thought it was their salad bar and it not gonna happen! We struggle to find real aquarium plants and I just spent a small fortune on mine to have the goldies eat it. So I took it out and added it to the boys tanks.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #1538 
vette91

is there a section within the forums where people sell fish?
I've seen a few posts in the breeding section about it.
Would it be wrong to say that i'm "looking" for a fish in that section?
vette91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #1539 
inkrealm

Wyvern-
huh.... ><
then yeah unless you temp. move the plants don't add salt...
and that should be giving him more fun DX I'm really sorry but my guy doesn't bite so I'm not sure D: have you tired making a full board about it?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #1540 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette91 View Post
is there a section within the forums where people sell fish?
I've seen a few posts in the breeding section about it.
Would it be wrong to say that i'm "looking" for a fish in that section?
Yes, I would try first looking in the breeding section. Right now, NIB has some GREAT looking fry (young fish) for sale. If youre looking for older fish, perhaps try titling a thread "Looking for breeders selling adult fish" or something, say what you like, and the range for price, maybe.

The user Chard is a seller/breeder who also sells on aquabid.com, and has a skillion fish for sale right now. Dont quote me on this, but I think he gives members a discount?

You can also try postin in the lounge.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote