Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #1621 
fishman12

Good. Maybe you could try to wrap a pellet in the blood worm, then he'll eat the pellet too hopefully and maybe like it.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #1622 
inkrealm

Neil- hmm, maybe try a different brand D: or a different size too, sometimes they're too big,
but he might like another brand that taste different...
glad he takes the bloodworms at least :D
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #1623 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
hmm, well just keep trying Neil! Have you tried soaking with garlic juice and then dropping it right in front of his face? Even if it sinks, the movement might make him naturally want to chase and eat. If not, yes, you could feed frozen bloodworms for a while, but Inkrealm is right, you need variety. If you have to, try flakes (if you have them)... if you aren't squeemish, try and find a container outside with still water. If it has mosquito larve and you have a brine shrimp net, you could scoop some out, rinse them well, and feed one by one to him :)

Nel that's good :D You could just gently drop in presoaked pellets with your fingers if you are scared he'll bite the toothpick. I use my tank turkey baster like there is no tomorrow~ It is very handy :)
hes bitten it a few times but im getting the hang of it by never leaving it in the water in 1 spot for half a second or more. i dont use my finger simply because he probably wont know where the food is. i think he has decided the toothpick is also food and does jump to attack it. either way he is really agressive in chasing the food i drop into the tank and even goes 1/2 down to chase after it once in a while if he spots it. is there anything that can make him less aggressive during feeding?
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #1624 
Lion Mom

Here is what I do & it seems to work. I gently tap the top of the water to get their attention (I'm thinking they probably think an insect has just hit the water - LOL ) and once they look, I drop their food in. Works everytime for me!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #1625 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
Here is what I do & it seems to work. I gently tap the top of the water to get their attention (I'm thinking they probably think an insect has just hit the water - LOL ) and once they look, I drop their food in. Works everytime for me!
i'll have to try it. i know that the fish sees the toothpick 1 inch above the water very clearly. my only issue is its quite ready to eat it and i only put in 1/3 of a soaked pellet at a time so it wont spit out.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #1626 
PewPewPew

^same!!! I yell at Alle (yes. I yell at him) to get his attention, tap the lid (he's trained to know what it means) and hover the food above it and then drop it in so he knows :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #1627 
Neil D

@ lion mom,

I've also tried this with Maxwell he doesn't eat.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #1628 
creamcookie

I have a quick question. My betta's caudual fin and anal fin are kind of growing together...like they've merged into one fin, right now its connected as much as
about 0.5 cm. Should I be worried, I dont know if it will stop merging.. Thanks
creamcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #1629 
JKfish

cookiecream, could you get a photo? I don't think there is anything you can do about it if it's naturally growing, but is it possible something is holding them together?

Nel, bettas are agressive fish, especially when it comes to food~ There isn't anything you can do. Mine always attack me during meal times like I've starved them a few days.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #1630 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
cookiecream, could you get a photo? I don't think there is anything you can do about it if it's naturally growing, but is it possible something is holding them together?

Nel, bettas are agressive fish, especially when it comes to food~ There isn't anything you can do. Mine always attack me during meal times like I've starved them a few days.
ty, didnt think it could be helped. it was 1 day into a 100 wc and still same feeding behaviour. i would like if would revert back to a calm feeder but he's still a betta :s.