Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #1841 
PewPewPew

Three cinder blocks, stacked holes up, safe bottom like concrete, use an excellerant of some sort... Light up, and back well away.

Its kinda too messy and dangerous/gross, imo :,c
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #1842 
nel3

how long should i leave a decaf green tea bag in a 1gal tank? does decaf green tea also reduce stress for bettas along with healing it? im going to find an almond tree today to take a few leaves. when i dry it up, does the leave have to turn brown or green when dried?

the caudal tail of my betta is a bit straggly, think its tail bitting a bit as some caudal spines are dulled. the edges arent black but a slightly darker blue. the water is changed every 3 days (1 50 wc and a 100wc). i test the water every day to monitor ammonia. the 1 gal isnt heated but remains 76F in the day if ac is off and 75F if AC on/night time. the gravel is a bit sharp but i rarely see i rest on the gravel and theres 2 plastic plants. dont have the camera on me atm for a photo.

Last edited by nel3; 07-04-2011 at 02:05 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #1843 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Instead of cremating, bury him near your fav tree. That way the tree will get the recycled nutrients from his body.
I would normally do this, but I live in an apartment so it's not like I've got a favourite tree anywhere close by. I'm also probably moving soon so I want to somehow take him with me :/
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #1844 
bahamut285

Query: I didn't notice it at first, but my filter head has a shiny sticker on it (like those shiny stickers that people have on their baseball caps). I think Lelouch thinks it's a mirror, he keeps flaring at it, should I take it out? X_X
Old 07-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #1845 
Neil D

Ive never heard of one of this on a filter! Sure, take it out...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #1846 
bahamut285

Yeah I dunno, it was this weird: "approved" sticker...about the size of a fingernail. I took it out anyway, he stopped now XD
Old 07-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #1847 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
I would normally do this, but I live in an apartment so it's not like I've got a favourite tree anywhere close by. I'm also probably moving soon so I want to somehow take him with me :/
If you have any potted plants, you could bury him in the pot.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #1848 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
how long should i leave a decaf green tea bag in a 1gal tank? does decaf green tea also reduce stress for bettas along with healing it? im going to find an almond tree today to take a few leaves. when i dry it up, does the leave have to turn brown or green when dried?
What kind of almond leaves? Leave the bag in a small cup of hot water for a bit and let it concentrate to whatever color. Add into the tank as dark as you want. I may or may not help them. If nothing at all, it makes them comfy due to the darker color.

the caudal tail of my betta is a bit straggly, think its tail bitting a bit as some caudal spines are dulled. the edges arent black but a slightly darker blue. the water is changed every 3 days (1 50 wc and a 100wc). i test the water every day to monitor ammonia. the 1 gal isnt heated but remains 76F in the day if ac is off and 75F if AC on/night time. the gravel is a bit sharp but i rarely see i rest on the gravel and theres 2 plastic plants. dont have the camera on me atm for a photo.
Remove all of it for a few days, add in something that is 100% not sharp, like a cup or something to hide in. MOnitor what he does. Tailbiting is usualy little "U" shapes from the fins, not often will a tail biter bite his rays- usually just the webbing in between.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #1849 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Remove all of it for a few days, add in something that is 100% not sharp, like a cup or something to hide in. MOnitor what he does. Tailbiting is usualy little "U" shapes from the fins, not often will a tail biter bite his rays- usually just the webbing in between.
ty very much, i'll use the original ones that came with the .5 gal, they're much smoother. he was a bit skitish when i came home today but i fasted him yesterday. after feeding he seems less agitated i hope. should i add in green decaf (or AQ salt?) and put him in the .5 gal for the time being? i'll do it in 30 min or so, got stuff to do atm. the caudal doesnt have any black on tit so looks like no fin rot just yet *crosses fingers*
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #1850 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
If you have any potted plants, you could bury him in the pot.
Yeah, thought of that too...no potted plants X_X...my mum is allergic to almost everything so if I get a potted plant, she can't and won't visit :( XD

I've decided to attempt to find a veterinarian who will cremate him. Right now he's wrapped in a bunch of paper towels and in the freezer

Last edited by bahamut285; 07-05-2011 at 03:24 PM.