Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #2071 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
that petsmart seems to be pretty good with knowledgeble staff. their betta cups are pretty good despite the size. not a fan of blue water but the fish are alive. if i had an extra tank that was larger than .5g i probably wouldve got the white dragon. unfortunately i dont have any extra tanks so its still there waiting for you.

im a bit dissapointed in their live plant section, none truly aquatic. my anacharis is shedding like a dog lately and some are starting to die off after 3 weeks. got to wait for LPS to restock. their tank with with anacharis was emptied for some reason of plants. ive probably threw away 3 dead strands already.
It takes them a long time to restock plants, yeah. Even the tube ones. They DO sell the tubed aquatics, but people buy them up quick.

I might start selling to them. If I can get him to, I want Dan to either sell on this forum for a really good/low price, or sell them to stores for credit :D Water sprite and baby java ferns, hallah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcurl View Post
Does my husband know you're enabling me?

I was thinking the smaller tanks because I'd have more of a chance to convince him, hehe. I'm really only in the planning stages. I'd like to get Flambé's tank cycled first before I commit to another fishy friend.

I haven't seen that tank before, I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the tip!
No problem! The hawkeye tank is good, too, but it might be bow-front.

And hmm..does he :P
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #2072 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
It takes them a long time to restock plants, yeah. Even the tube ones. They DO sell the tubed aquatics, but people buy them up quick.

I might start selling to them. If I can get him to, I want Dan to either sell on this forum for a really good/low price, or sell them to stores for credit :D Water sprite and baby java ferns, hallah!
they were out of any aquatic when i went. i can ask the LPS to order some anacharis for me. do you know any other pet stores in that area? im looking for some seachem multitest ammonia kits, petsmart had none in their inventory list.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #2073 
fishcurl

Oooh, thought of another quick question....

Should I nip out to Petsmart and pretend I'm not going to buy anything there? I have a filter to return so it's not like I'm going there for no good reason.

*shifty eyes*
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #2074 
PewPewPew

In Plattsburgh? No, not really :( I think there is one (a new one?) on military turnpike, perhaps. Down near Uno, Marriott and a small farmer's market. But Im not sure if they sell fish supplies.

There IS a FANTASTIC place called the Pet Advantage in Vermont. Idk if you guys would travel there, but if youre in that area, ohhh nel! You really have to go. They take such good care of every fish and pet in the store and have a great stock. They would probably have what youre searching for.

http://www.thepetadvantage.com/
Old 08-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #2075 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcurl View Post
oooh, thought of another quick question....

Should i nip out to petsmart and pretend i'm not going to buy anything there? I have a filter to return so it's not like i'm going there for no good reason.

*shifty eyes*

duh <3 ;p
Old 08-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #2076 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
In Plattsburgh? No, not really :( I think there is one (a new one?) on military turnpike, perhaps. Down near Uno, Marriott and a small farmer's market. But Im not sure if they sell fish supplies.

There IS a FANTASTIC place called the Pet Advantage in Vermont. Idk if you guys would travel there, but if youre in that area, ohhh nel! You really have to go. They take such good care of every fish and pet in the store and have a great stock. They would probably have what youre searching for.

http://www.thepetadvantage.com/
thanks, i dont about petco but we rarely go down to vermont. there might be the odd trip tosee fireworks or something. i'll have to run that idea by my parents, they know the area better than i do.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #2077 
PewPewPew

Yeah. We HAD a petco at one point, but it was very small and relied on grooming. Petsmart was bigger and in a better spot, so it closed. It was over by Lowe's.

I wish it was still here!!! >:(

I hope the search goes well :D
Old 08-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #2078 
nel3

i just plugged in my mini elite 25w heater (2.5g). its been on for 10 minutes or so. trying to dail in at 28 celcius right now. i'm looking out to see if its shorting out or not. ive smelled the one i still have in the package, smells like oil. the one in the tank smell a bit stronger, smells a tad bit acrid but i dont smell it too much. could it just be the usual when its on? it still smells alot like oil. how long on average should it take to heat 2.5g of water?

im surprised walmart (consumer square) has no fish but then again i can understand why it might be so.

Last edited by nel3; 08-01-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #2079 
PewPewPew

They had no fish!?! :O They did last night! Unfortunately...
I told a manager the sad state of their bettas and they were really rude. Im calling corp. on them tomorrow or so. The had molded cups. What!

The fish are in the back near the food (gross!)
Old 08-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #2080 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
Heh, how do you effectively clean rocks from a creek? I picked up some from one nearby, got rid of the bacteria by pouring boiling water on them...but I just can't get all the gritty dirt off them. Would vinegar help clean them any?
HazelrahLayna7 is offline   Reply With Quote