Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #2121 
fishcurl

What do you do when you accidentally looked at your LPS's bettas and fell in love with a beautiful white veiltail with big black eyes and clamped fins? Especially when you are still thinking of him even after you've been home for a few hours and even have a few names picked out for him?
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #2122 
nel3

is it possible for locally bred bettas to dislike IAL? by locally bred i mean those that never had IAL in the tanks to strat with. nel never liked green tea and im still trying to figure out if IAL does worse for him as an individual betta. after 2 days in IAL his tail is a bit worse. nothing too dramatic but noticeable. think i could try dropping him into the full 1gal, stress coat and prime with the heater? i have no suitable heater for a .5g so the temp wanders within 2-4 degrees depending on AC. floating it in the 2.5g is unavailble due to size and occupancy.

the vid for my new betta has been up for a few hours, posted it in my sig until a new post came up here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w93rk-4EPDs
LOL i forgot that my music was on before pressing record. its his usual loop the loop around that corner when im at the desk. his bottom caudal has yet to get worse, atm its status quo. i'll keep feeding him BWs but im trying to get him into pellets or flakes. probably pellets will win. OMG he took the flakes, total surprise.

Last edited by nel3; 08-05-2011 at 05:41 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #2123 
PewPewPew

You go back and get him, so long as you have a place for him or are able to get said place and what he needs... ;)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #2124 
PewPewPew

Nel, he may still be stressed out :C It may take him a while to de-stress. For now, keep him in a quiet, dark place and come around for food, but not a lot else.

He may well be a chronic biter, too :( I wouldnt assume the IAL is bothering him, no...
Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #2125 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Nel, he may still be stressed out :C It may take him a while to de-stress. For now, keep him in a quiet, dark place and come around for food, but not a lot else.

He may well be a chronic biter, too :( I wouldnt assume the IAL is bothering him, no...
thank you, ive had him since may just b4 i signed up here. he's spent most of his time in the .5g with 2 weeks or so in the 1g and 16 days in AQ salt for fin biting. the 2 AQ salt treatements were within the first month or 2. so far he's only been in good condition in clear water for the .5gal exclusively. any dark water color seems to get to him and so does the 1gal. IAl may help him but im getting too many mixed signals from him that its a bit confusing.

think he may still be stressed out, hes rather agressive when eating.

i'll cover his QT with a cloth to block out most of the light. i walk by him regularly as he's in front of my bedroom door on top of my drawers. how would you treat a chronic tailbiter? i dont think i'll stop putting any stress coat for his water for the near future.

Last edited by nel3; 08-05-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #2126 
PewPewPew

You dont, you just... deal with it :C Its the pits. Just keep the water clean is all that can really be done.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #2127 
fishcurl

Quote:
You go back and get him, so long as you have a place for him or are able to get said place and what he needs... ;)
I went back and he was gone :(
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #2128 
nel3

Quote:
You dont, you just... deal with it :C Its the pits. Just keep the water clean is all that can really be done.
cold turkey sucks but i have no choice :(. i'll figure out something eventually, hopefully.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #2129 
Neil D

Try to keep him distracted, Nel. Objects in front of his tank.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #2130 
bettaloverforever16

How do I change my username?
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote