Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #2431 
Stardancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinibotLove View Post
And how can you tell if it's eggs or if she's just fat?
I asked a similar question a while ago. I found a picture of eggy females here. If Starscream looks like this, then I'm guessing she's got eggs.
Stardancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #2432 
MinibotLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardancer View Post
I asked a similar question a while ago. I found a picture of eggy females here. If Starscream looks like this, then I'm guessing she's got eggs.

That's exactly what she looks like! <3 Big, bronzed belly and all! So she's likely got eggs - maybe that's why she's so aggressive with the other girls. Maybe one of our boys will want to be a daddy - ..ooor maybe we should let her drop/reabsorb her eggs this time. I don't think we've got the supplies to care for babies atm.
MinibotLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #2433 
Behati

My betta suddenly doesn't want the food I give it. It took the pellets fine, then past few days he didn't want it anymore. He would eat it, then spit it back out. I heard you could give it a tiny piece of fruit as a treat so I tried giving it a piece of banana. It spat it back out after it tasted it. I don't know what to do. He isn't eating and his fins are getting tight for no reason. How can I get him to eat again? And what other foods can I try besides live food?
Behati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #2434 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
How do you get a certain amount of pellets to feed your betta? I've tried wetting my finger and picking out a few, dabbing with a dry finger, but almost always I get more than I need. (Using NLS pellets. :) )
HazelrahLayna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #2435 
hmckin20

hey guys, how many times can i divide a 20 gal? o3o it's more long than high.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #2436 
hmckin20

nevermind xD i divided it with four dividers (five sections) and it looks awesome (:
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #2437 
Neil D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behati View Post
My betta suddenly doesn't want the food I give it. It took the pellets fine, then past few days he didn't want it anymore. He would eat it, then spit it back out. I heard you could give it a tiny piece of fruit as a treat so I tried giving it a piece of banana. It spat it back out after it tasted it. I don't know what to do. He isn't eating and his fins are getting tight for no reason. How can I get him to eat again? And what other foods can I try besides live food?
Do not feed your betta vegetable matter. They are carnivorous, and that will throw their digestive tract out of whack. Frozen foods are good, especially the bloodworms. Does your tank have a heater?

Hazel: Tweezers? I just use my fingers
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #2438 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
Haha, you must have nimbler fingers than I! XD I'll have to give the tweezers a try..And if that doesn't work, a dampened Q-tip might. Its almost time for me to try to feed Watson anyways. Lets see what happens! :]
Old 09-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #2439 
HazelrahLayna7

Heh, well sis didn't believe me when I said I couldn't do it with my fingers and showed me how. :} So all Watson needs to do now is settle in and eat. :)
Old 09-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #2440 
PiscisAmor

I have always used the inch per gallon plus 2 extra gallons as a rule for stocking tanks. Can I use this to stock a sorority?
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote