Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #2441 
SKA123

my betta boy has been blowing bubbles. lots of bubbles. it's not exactly a nest he just keeps blowing bubbles, then it looks like he's attacking the bubbles. is this normal or just weird?
SKA123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #2442 
missm83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss W View Post
Oh no! I hurt my Betta! Today I was working on a 100% water change and while trying to catch Percy with a net he dove down quickly. The net pulled off about 1/2 inch of one of his tail. It was a very thin part of the tail, and he seems to being doing fine right now (swimming around checking out his new set up). Will he be okay? Does this kind of thing happen?
same thing happened to my boy on Tuesday ...it will heal...just takes time...i need to find a new way to catch my little guy,im never using the net again
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #2443 
Behati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Do not feed your betta vegetable matter. They are carnivorous, and that will throw their digestive tract out of whack. Frozen foods are good, especially the bloodworms. Does your tank have a heater?

Hazel: Tweezers? I just use my fingers

I can't.. I hate creepy crawlies. I can do brine shrimp but I don't know when I can get my hands on some. My tank for him has a heater.
Behati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #2444 
Neil D

Ok. The heater is good. But the frozen bloodworms look like long rice, and thinner. The only difference is they're red.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #2445 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
I'd like to just get an affirmative on this, but is the white on Watson's fins new growth? I'm pretty sure it is, but if someone else confirms it I'd feel better.

And are the grayish scales on him possibly some of his coloration? They haven't changed since yesterday, when I first noticed them.
HazelrahLayna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #2446 
Neil D

Both look like coloration.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #2447 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiscisAmor View Post
I have always used the inch per gallon plus 2 extra gallons as a rule for stocking tanks. Can I use this to stock a sorority?
General rule is, 5-6 females at least per tank, no less then a 10gal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKA123 View Post
my betta boy has been blowing bubbles. lots of bubbles. it's not exactly a nest he just keeps blowing bubbles, then it looks like he's attacking the bubbles. is this normal or just weird?
Just weird. (but normal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missm83 View Post
same thing happened to my boy on Tuesday ...it will heal...just takes time...i need to find a new way to catch my little guy,im never using the net again
If you have the original cup he came in when you bought him, when he comes up for air, dip it in the water and let the force of the water moving into the cup as you move the cup and get him in that way. If you don't have a cup, look for something smaller, similar. I used to use a net and ripped one of my boy's fins and since then I only use the cup. Drop a piece of food next to it and hope he goes for it. Either way, he has to come for air sometime
Also you can hold the cup under water, their curiosity will get the best of them, swim in, then you can block the opening with the net as you pull it out. Good luck!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #2448 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelrahLayna7 View Post
I'd like to just get an affirmative on this, but is the white on Watson's fins new growth? I'm pretty sure it is, but if someone else confirms it I'd feel better.

And are the grayish scales on him possibly some of his coloration? They haven't changed since yesterday, when I first noticed them.
Looks like his coloration since on the pic it looks like it's also at the base of his tail.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #2449 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Both look like coloration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Looks like his coloration since on the pic it looks like it's also at the base of his tail.
*Relieved sigh* Haha, thanks Neil, Myates! I feel reassured now.
HazelrahLayna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #2450 
thePWNISHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelrahLayna7 View Post

@ Hazel, Yah its definitely coloration. My guy has the black body base then orange CT, but his tips are Black, so I have to watch them carefully for finrot, I prolly won't catch it until its deteriorating. When I first got him I thought he had it, then his tail started to get thicker, fuller and longer and the black tips went from little spots to a small section. Since they weren't curling and he was acting more vibrant and swimming better I figured it was his coloration. Phew
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote