Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #2811 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyP View Post
I just got a 5.5 tank for my one betta who is in a 1 gallon. The heater I have is only rated for 5 gallons. Will my heater be okay for this new tank or should I get another? Thanks :)
oO
will the heater fit? lolol
best way to test is to test the 1 gallon fishless. get a thermometer and see if the temperature holds steady at a good temperature. run this testfor about a week...
then you'll know :)
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #2812 
LizzyP

I answered my own question. I can swap heaters with Dumbledore and Jonah. Thanks though :)
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #2813 
emaleeluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Your welcome. Yes, it's called a Cory Catfish. They do well in groups, great for 10 gallons, etc etc. I suggest to move the Glofish since, they're Zebra Danios too and need more space than a 10 gallon. Do you mean the female Betta and the catfish? They can't be mates, one species can't breed to another species so to speak. Oh, and I'm glad to help so feel free to ask a question if necessary. :)
Oh yeah, I meant mates as in buds. Sorry. And yes, I am moving the glofish to a 50 gallon tank, at my sisters house!!!! hahaha Camille, the female betta is doing lovely with the catfish, I swear she's in love with the lace catfish, his name is Eric, by the way. Thanks again for all of the advice!
emaleeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #2814 
LebronTheBetta

Your welcome. ^^ It's great Camille gets along fine with tankmates.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #2815 
emaleeluna

Ok, so now, I've gone completely crazy. I now have 5 bettas. 1 female and 4 males. The female is in a community tank and doing well. The males are all in seperate 2.5 gallon tanks. It seems that 3 of them might have a touch of fin rot. I've done the salt thing. It seems to keep it from getting worse, but they don't seem to be getting better. Their tales kinda look like a broom. What's my next step. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #2816 
LebronTheBetta

Hm. You mean Aquarium Salt, right? And you've been doing 100% changes for 10 days, correct?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #2817 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaleeluna View Post
Ok, so now, I've gone completely crazy. I now have 5 bettas. 1 female and 4 males. The female is in a community tank and doing well. The males are all in seperate 2.5 gallon tanks. It seems that 3 of them might have a touch of fin rot. I've done the salt thing. It seems to keep it from getting worse, but they don't seem to be getting better. Their tales kinda look like a broom. What's my next step. Thanks in advance.
It may be them biting.. what you are wanting to look for are edges that are blackish and seem to be flaking off. If the edges seem clean cut then I would assume it is either biting, filters too strong, or pointy plants.
Unsure how much AQ salt you have been using, and how you have been using it.. so can't recommend anything just yet other then to make sure to stay on top of the water changes. Any chance for pictures of them?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #2818 
emaleeluna

I've been using 1/2 tsp AQ, but only doing changes every 3rd day. The dark blue one with red and the light blue with red one have dark edges, the brown one, his edges look kinda whiteish, but he doesn't look like a broom. I am kind of computer ignorant, but will take some pics now and have them on by tomorrow. Should I do 100% everyday. Like I said, it's not getting worse, but not better either. And it could very well be nothing. I'm just learning. I probably shouldn't have so many, but 2 were rescues from Walmart, the lady working there said they were going back to the breeder and they would kill them, so here I am. The current on the filter is nothing at all. The current in the females tank is pretty strong, but she does well with it. She's big, fat and health. Thanks again for all the help. I am so in love with the little guys.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #2819 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienbetta1 View Post
Thanks!

Is there a small betta food you can buy and whats it called?
New life Spectrum "Grow" .5mm and adults eat it too. Good staple
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #2820 
LittleBettaFish

I also use the .5mm Small Fish Formula (the range of NLS foods here is rather limited) on my fry and they have no problems with it. My current fry are around 2cm long (an inch) and they have just started on it.

I like NLS food as they have good quality ingredients, and a lower fat content then some other brands.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote