Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #311 
zelilaa

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew View Post
How do I change the color of the words on my signiture?
\
A: Go to 'user cp' its an option with FAQ, calender, new posts, search, quick links, & logout. Then go to edit signature. You can edit it like a post, so click the big A next to font sizes and style. There the color options! To change it all to the same color just highlight the whole thing and then pick the color. your welcome!

Q: (i know its not about bettas but maybe some of yall know?) Would zebra danios be ok in a school of 11?
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #312 
dew

Thanks!
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #313 
Posaune

I'm pretty sure they would, so long as you've got the adequate tank space for the danios :)
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #314 
miyko

i am moving.... is there a safe way yo transport 6 betta's with out the cups? i didn't keep all of them....
miyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #315 
Posaune

Critter keeper, tupperware (make sure they can't get out) (if I'm wrong someone correct me)
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #316 
JKfish

You'd want to package them as if you were shipping them (doubled bagged, plenty of air, etc) the shipping bags would mean they'd have less room to move, but that is good because they can't build up momentum and slam into the wall if the car comes to a stop quickly. And if they did, the bag wouldn't hurt them as much as say a plastic wall. Also, if you kept them in a dark spot (like a box) they'd be less likely to get stresed, and you'd be able to keep them warm with a heat pack.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #317 
Feral

Best way to do a 100% water change in a large bowl with a young and delicate water lily? It's due day after tomorrow and after waitng for this silly thing to sprout for WEEKS, I don't want to damage it.

Thanks all

-F
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #318 
JKfish

When I was growing the aponogetons from walmart I had them in a little cup of water, they took weeks to sprout too. I didn't do anything about water changes... I just sort of added fish flakes to try and make the ammonia go up and floated their cup in my warm aquarium so they'd grow faster. XD You could just get a cup of water, and gentley pinch the bulb part and put it in there during your water change.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #319 
Everlark

Are freeze dried brine shrimp supposed to come in cubes? How do you feed them to the fish?
Everlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:03 AM   #320 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
You'd want to package them as if you were shipping them (doubled bagged, plenty of air, etc) the shipping bags would mean they'd have less room to move, but that is good because they can't build up momentum and slam into the wall if the car comes to a stop quickly. And if they did, the bag wouldn't hurt them as much as say a plastic wall. Also, if you kept them in a dark spot (like a box) they'd be less likely to get stresed, and you'd be able to keep them warm with a heat pack.

Thanks JK, the thing has sprouted now- has 4 very delicate shoots about 3" long and I assume has put down some roots too... I just don't want to damage it now that it's finally showing some life It's actually my fourth attempt with various bulbs though I'm starting to suspect it was the RO water that halted the others... I'm using treated tap water now.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote