Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #1 
Learn To Fly

What to do with the 20 long...

EDIT: where's my poll?? Ahh! Well, just put your input.

Voting options are below...

Soo... I have a 20 long that is currently a community tank with 2 corries, 1 oto, 3 platies and 1 betta (Kreios, PK male). But I was thinking about maybe changing it. I don't know though. So I could do:

Divided betta tank- 5 compartments (each 6" L x 12" H x 12" D/W or 4 gallons per betta)

Divided betta tank 2- 6 compartments (each 5" L x 12" H x 12" D/W or about 3-ish gallons per betta)

Divided betta tank 3- 4 compartments (one big one-1 square foot or 8 gallons, 3 - 6" L x 12" H x 12" D/W or 4 gallons each )
**This one is part community, part betta**

Or just keep it how it is...

Thanks in advance for any input, and comments as well as voting are very welcome! Also just because one wins doesn't mean I'll use it, I just wanted opinions.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #2 
puppyrjjkm

I would divide it into 5 compartments. Which means more bettas! :) Haha I have a 10 gallon divided into 4 which I think looks too cramped, so I think a 20 divided into 6 may look a bit busy as well. Plus I think that the bigger area the better for the fish so 4 gallons seems perfect. I also had my 29 divided for 2 males then a large community area in the middle. I liked it for a bit, then got kind of annoyed because it didn't look "uniform" either with just open tank or just divided tank. But I'm just OCD like that haha so you may like it! Good luck and I'll be interested in what you end up doing :)
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #3 
NIB BETTA

I wouldn't divide it into more than four sections, because your viewing space will be limited. I have a 20 gallon long that I divided into three sections and I am really glad I didn't do more.
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #4 
Jwoz

I have a 20gal long which is divided into four sections, its pretty nice that way. I was so meticulous with all the measuring and stuff, the only thing that could be a little hard is finding the right size dividers, I ended up doing a lot of measuring and trimming because all I could find was dividers for a 29-55 gal.
Jwoz is offline   Reply With Quote