Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 AM   #1 
jeanclaudeasher

My new tank

This is the 29 gallon tank that I got for free (Yaay!!). It included a filter (which I upgraded due to how noisy it was), a heater, and the wood stand. I have just one question....my half moon betta likes to sit right against the intake area of the filter. The first couple of times I saw him do it I thought he was stuck but he was able to swim away just fine. Could sitting right at the intake for long periods of time cause him harm over time?? Also could this be why he now has a split in his tail? There is 2 decorations that may have caused the split in his tail and they were removed.
Attached Images

jeanclaudeasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #2 
metalbetta

That was FREE?! O_O ... LUCKY!!! It looks great! And from what I've seen, HM's get tail rips fairly easily, so that could be the reason.

But again. WOW!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #3 
jeanclaudeasher

Ok thanks =) while it seems to have ripped with plants that none of my other bettas had issues with, it also seems to heal fairly quickly.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:54 AM   #4 
RandomFish

OMG how did you get all that for free??? Craigslist? Ahh I'm so envious. Congrats! The gargoyle thing is so cute..
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats! It looks very nice!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #6 
jeanclaudeasher

Thanks! My bosses sister is moving from a house to an apartment and they didn't have room for the aquarium so they asked if I wanted it. I agreed to take it and the fish that they had as well and then combined my 10 gallon tank and the 29 gallon tank together. Most of the plants came with the aquarium and the other decorations I had in my 10 gallon. The only reason I don't have both set up is because I simply dont have room for both to be set up in my room (I live with my parents still and have a now 29 gallon tank and 2 different 2 gallon tanks set up in my bedroom). When I move out I intend to have all of my tanks set up (and may buy some of my sisters tanks that are not being used =) )
Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #7 
vaygirl

Awesome tank!!! Free too. You're so lucky!!!

Both Tango and Whiskey have let themselves be sucked up against the intake. I don't know why they do it. Tango stopped a long time ago but Whiskey still does it pretty frequently. It must feel nice or something. I would have said yesterday that it causes no damage but today Whiskey has a long oval hole in his tail. :/

As long as you keep your water clean, anything should heal up.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #8 
jeanclaudeasher

Thanks! Glad to know that my Harlequin is not the only one who likes the intake spot of the filter =)
Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #9 
WillowTree

I love the gargoyle decoration! Where did you get it?
WillowTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #10 
jeanclaudeasher

I believe that I found that at Petsmart.....it was either Petsmart or Aquarium Adventures, I have had it for a few months now and love it