Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #1 
Sarada

Future Sorority 20G

I still need more plants and such but this was my hubbies gift to me for my 30th birthday with is on the 29th.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #2 
WillowTree

It is off to a great start! (I have the same two decorations in my currently cycling future sorority aquarium.) Very nice present!
WillowTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #3 
Sarada

I already have my corys in it...since their 5g tanks werent cycled anyways I figured what the heck...it will speed things up seeing as how the girls are supposed to be here by the end of the week :S
I have never cycled before...and probably should have told the pet store to wait another week before ordering the girls.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #4 
WillowTree

I am in the same situation! My girls should be here this week as well and I don't think my tank will be done cycling yet. But, the way I look at it, I need to quarantine them anyway for a week or two to make sure they are all healthy before putting them together. So just look at it that way!
WillowTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #5 
Sarada

Ya I didn't really plan on quarantining them...don't have 6 containers to do so.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #6 
SaylorKennedy

Just go out and buy a couple of clean, new tupperware containers. Or hate to say it, but you could keep them in their cups if you really can't get anythign bigger. Just make sure to change the water everyday.
Trust me, you need to quarantine! So many problems will be avoided if you do..
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #7 
Sarada

okie...the store doesn't give us the bowls but I do have several smallish glass containers from my wedding that should work.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #8 
Sarada

I don't know what I think about this. I know I need lots of stuff for females to get alone but nice stuff in this town is hard to find...Trying to making it look decent but hard....
Old 07-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #9 
Adastra

Sorority tanks usually end up being more about the safety of the fish than looks, haha, it's hard to avoid the stuffed look you'll end up with. You should really try to find a way to fill in the top section more--all bettas must go up to the surface to breathe and this is also were they go to eat, so squabbling near the surface is inevitable. Floating plants should help with this. You should try ordering online, often the prices are a lot better and you have a much nicer selection. You might try Big Al's online: http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/...wType=Category

Also, you might want to look carefully at the skull ornament--I've seen a fish get stuck in and mangled by a very similar (if not the same) ornament. I recommend stuffing the smaller holes with plant matter, filter floss, or filling it in with aquarium silicone. Injuries from getting stuck can be really nasty, and during a moment of fear a fish can dart into some very sticky situations.

Last edited by Adastra; 07-14-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #10 
Sarada

Thanks for the advice!