Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #1 
damediggz

Question Is he a betta or a horn dog?

My betta just spawned on sunday and he already is building another bubble nest. Is this normal or is he just ready to breed again?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-15-2010 at 05:55 PM.
damediggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #2 
Dead Sunlight

There is the possibility that he is ready to spawn again...
How big is the bubble nest? Are there any other Bettas in sight of him?

Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it... Just normal Betta behavior.

PICS, PICS, PICS!!!
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #3 
damediggz

I know i need pics. I just don't know how to upload them on here. facebook uploads are so much easier. LMBO! The nest is bigger than the one he just spawned with. I placed him outside of my breeder tank. I figured since they're his load he should be able to watch them grow a bit. LOL! Anyway if you can help by telling me how to load pics on here I'd love to show them off. I have 3 male and 4 female. The results of the fry are inconclusive right now.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Sometimes they will move the nest, I had one that moved his nest and eggs several times a day and then he moved the wiggles a couple of times after that.

Can you see the fry in the old nest, if he spawned on Sunday-hatch should have been Monday/Tuesday and should be free swimmers by Friday/Sat, depending on hatch date-they could be free swimming today and if so, he could be wanting to spawn again

How are the fry today, still bouncing or free swimming
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #5 
damediggz

Well they started free swimming yesterday. This is my first batch and man are there a lot. They're all over the place in there. He's in a half gallon vase right next to the 10 gallon breeding tank. He's happy as a lark. they're swimming all over. eating like crazy. I want to get some micro worms but don't know where to find them in my area so baby brie it is.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #6 
Dead Sunlight

So let me get this straight...

The male is removed, and you put him outside of the breeding tank. You know what, I have a feeling that he is ready to breed again. (Although I wouldn't reccomend it; just let him rest.) Males will be ready to breed again in a matter of days.

Again, are there any other Bettas (Besides fry) in sight of him? That can also influence the building of a nest.

You said that his nest is bigger than the previous nest. Nest building indicates of a strong, healthy Betta that is ready to breed. This is completely normal, don't freak out or anything.

As for images, I know that a lot of people use imageshack.com, or you can create an album right here. I'm not much help when it comes to pictures because I don't know how to myself!!!

Hope this helped

- Dead Sunlight
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #7 
damediggz

Thanks again DS! No there are no other betta around him besides the fry. Yes, I posted him right beside the breeding tank. The nest is way bigger! I'm not going to breed him again for a while. It was just kinda strange to me that he built one again so quick. I took him out of the tank yesterday evening and this morning there was a new nest in his home. It shocked me a little.