Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #1 
camsgirl95

Arrow update on Blue!

ok so last ive updated on Blue was that he ripped his fins pretty bad but its been a few days and ive been doing water changes often and now his fins are looking a whole lot better ,no signs of fin rot or anything ...infact they are almost completely healed ..but the down side is his tank started leaking (-_-* of course...just my luck) and so i had to change tanks..thank you Jesus my sister had a spare tank on hand! but im deff still gona give it a few more days and keep a close eye on it. he's come this far lol the last thing he needs is fin rot!
camsgirl95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #2 
RandomFish

All right!! Keep up the good work! Torn fins can heal like magic when you simply keep their water clean and warm, don't they?

One of my bettas arrived with a section of his dorsal fin missing but it's growing back really fast with frequent gravel vac sessions and warm temp. It's rewarding to see the new growth filling in.
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #3 
camsgirl95

haha thank you,and yes they do heal like magic...i had no idea how fast they could grow back! and i agree with it being rewarding to see the new growth filling in cuz i was realy disapointed when i saw how bad he ripped his fins but now seeing it fill out again is very thrilling! :D
camsgirl95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #4 
Ajones108

Question. You might know since you have a marble VT. If a marble VT injures his fins enough to where they have to completely regrow, does the marble pattern regrow the exact way it was before it was torn?
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #5 
XSprinkleFaceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajones108 View Post
Question. You might know since you have a marble VT. If a marble VT injures his fins enough to where they have to completely regrow, does the marble pattern regrow the exact way it was before it was torn?
Just a guess, but I think so because his colours are genetic. It's sort of like when you cut your hair. It grows back the same colour doesn't it? So perhaps its the same thing for bettas.
XSprinkleFaceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #6 
Ajones108

I'm really curious if it is that way. I can't imagine something in the little fish's body that goes "When my tail is <insert length here> I have a spot <insert size here> and further down I have..." It just doesn't seem right. o.O
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #7 
XSprinkleFaceX

Ya never know. :D
XSprinkleFaceX is offline   Reply With Quote