Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #1 
Arethrox

Smallest tank

Whats the smallest tank i can get to keep a betta fish happy? i really dont have room for a 10 gallon fish tank
Arethrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #2 
CayennePepper

I've watched my betta in 4 different tank sizes. He loves the one he's in now which is 10 gal but I know that he was also pretty happy in his 3 gal as compared to the 1.5 gal and pint sized bowls he was in before that. I did a lot of research before getting the 10 gal and have come to the conclusion that the absolute minimum tank/bowl size should be a 1.5 gal and a comfortable yet minimal size would be 3 gal. I think 5 gal would be even better but only you know what size restraints you are under.
CayennePepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #3 
Adastra

Most quality adjustable heaters require at least 2 gallons, because that is what they were designed for. For that reason, I would say that two gallons is the absolute minimum, because having an adjustable heater really is not optional if you're keeping bettas. However, personally, I will not permanently house bettas in anything smaller than three gallons, but obviously bigger is better. 5 gallons is also a good tank size. The Marineland Eclipse 3 is a nice kit, it's well designed and comes with a fluorescent light and a filter and is very quiet.

Last edited by Adastra; 07-15-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

I agree, 2 gallons is the minimum. Personally I like 3 gallon tanks. They are a good size but don't take up too much room. My eclipse 3 is an awesome little tank and I'm always looking for them on sale or on craigslist to get another.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote