Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2010, 01:29 AM   #11 
Ajones108

Oh my God guys, my little fish gave me SUCH a scare a little bit ago! Earlier I realized I didn't see him in his tank (its shut, before you gasp) and just dismissed it as him in his cave. Later I looked and I STILL didn't see him, so I went over to his tank and I started tapping on the rim and sides, no sight of the little fish even after tapping several minutes.

I shined a dim flashlight into the entrance to his cave and didn't see him so at this point I was REALLY freaking out. He couldn't have gotten stuck in there, he didn't jump out, and I know that when I'm not over by the tank he gets bored and just floats around. And he had been floating around a bit earlier just out in the open, open fins or closed fins. And I thought for a second maybe he was sick and I didn't notice it! I opened the tank, rolled up my sleeves and wiggled the cave, no response. So I took a deep breath and began lifting the cave up...

ZOOM! Out comes a startled little fish, startling me and nearly making me scream along with the jump I did. Maybe he just didn't want the light on anymore and wanted to be in the dark. But I was worried. ;-; So quickly I set his cave back down, watched him zoom around a minute, and closed the tank before he jumped. I was shaking for like 10 minutes. Ahaha.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:03 AM   #12 
metalbetta

Sometimes I think that they do those things to us on purpose! I've had a couple of scares similar to that! And not to mention it's ALWAYS either Cameron or Nina that freak me out. Always. lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote