Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #21 
Astro277

ten gallons are fun but 20-55 are awesome lol. Sadly i have 3 ten gallons and a 29 that have nothing in them yet...
Astro277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #22 
kakashikage

Ok, so I am planning on buying the five-gallon kit from Walmart, now I'm just trying to make sure I have all the other necessary supplies. I'd like to get Amadeus out of his tiny tank and into this new one as soon as possible, so what is my best method for speeding up the cycling?
Also, any recommendations for what to use on the bottom? All the gravel I've seen feels too rough for betta fins, is there a better option?
Thanks!
kakashikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #23 
frogipoi

Smooth stones are fine. Sand is kay'.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #24 
betta fish crazy

My betta tank has some smallish pebbles, some pet stores will sell this kind of gravel. It looks great, too, and is fairly inexpensive.
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #25 
kakashikage

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for some little pebbles. I bought Amadeus a new filter today because I accidentally broke his UGF airstone, and I found an inexpensive mini-filter at Petsmart (Tom Aquarium Products Mini Internal Filter) that, amazingly, offers adjustable flow rate. I was worried it would be too strong even on the lowest setting because the one-gallon isn't very big, but Amadeus seems to be having a blast playing in the current. It came with a spray bar attachment which is great because it diffuses the flow a little more, and I really like it because the intake is super gentle. Also, it's for one to five gallon tanks, so I can move it to the five-gallon if I don't like the filter it comes with. Of course, I suppose I'll find out how well it actually works over the next few weeks...
kakashikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #26 
frogipoi

lol Good.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote