Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #11 
Zoelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
That's good new's. The trans shipper's will work with you dont worry. I have never had a problem like that but I only have used one trans shipper pegausus in florida.

He told me these are all the fee's

3.00 each fish for handling
1.00 each Import tax
5.00 for box for up to 6 fish
18.00 priority 32.00 express
16.00 UPS shipping

So express is next day, Priority is 3-5 days and UPS is 3 days.

But since i live 2 hour's away from my trans shipper me and him use UPS for 16.00, And since its 2 hours away i get the fish next day just like i paid for express but i save 16.00 dollars. And we have yet to have a problem with UPS knock on wood.

One day i was in the shower and the UPS guy wouldnt leave he kept beeping and knocking on the door he was in my drive way for 10 minutes. He know's my truck and knew i was home and he wasnt going to let the fish sit at the office or in my drive. He made sur i got that fish lol. But anyway UPS is good. USPS express is great.
Thanks You are lucky you live close and can cut the costs! I was just worried this morning about where he was because it wasnt clear, but I feel alot better now and he will be shipped out tomorrow and be at my house wednesday!
Zoelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #12 
FloridaBettas239

I see you are like me, Cant sleep untill you no the betta is ok and where he is. But as long as the trans shipper has him your good to go. I dont no if every trans shipper does thing's the same. But my breeder only ship's out mon-wen so no fish sit at the post office over the weekend. So he shipped my fish out wensday, My trans shipper got them friday. He put them in a half gallon container. And let them get back to normal from the ride over here. He feed's them a meal since they have fasted 3 days before shipping. So he feeds them a meal and lets them relax for fri, Sat, Sun, And they only got fead on friday so they have fasted again sat, and sun. So then monday he bag's them back up, Puts them back in a box and ship's them out.

I cant wait my fish on my avatar will be here tomorrow, He is in the mail now on his way to me. yaaa
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #13 
Zoelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
I see you are like me, Cant sleep untill you no the betta is ok and where he is. But as long as the trans shipper has him your good to go. I dont no if every trans shipper does thing's the same. But my breeder only ship's out mon-wen so no fish sit at the post office over the weekend. So he shipped my fish out wensday, My trans shipper got them friday. He put them in a half gallon container. And let them get back to normal from the ride over here. He feed's them a meal since they have fasted 3 days before shipping. So he feeds them a meal and lets them relax for fri, Sat, Sun, And they only got fead on friday so they have fasted again sat, and sun. So then monday he bag's them back up, Puts them back in a box and ship's them out.

I cant wait my fish on my avatar will be here tomorrow, He is in the mail now on his way to me. yaaa

ohh you must be excited, he's gorgeous! Yeah i have no idea how they do it normally but Jennifer seemed to get them overnight from Thailand and then ship them out the day after that. Linda is doing that too but idk if it's just for this circumstance.
Zoelie is offline   Reply With Quote