Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #1 
1fish2fish

off topic.. but please read.

this forum doesn't really have an off topic section so I'm posting this here. (Mods.. if its against the rules please excuse me)

I'm posting this on all my forums to try and spread the word about Buddy. He was stolen and brutally tortured to death. There is a petition going around asking for the maximum sentence for the people who did this.

For the full story and to sign the petition you can go here.. the full story is on there as well as on the Facebook group "demand justice for buddy"

What happened to Buddy is just sick.. it doesn't take a dog lover to realize that.

So to any that sign the petition.. thanks :) and to those that don't if you could forward it that would be great.. if not thats ok too.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #2 
Zenandra
Banned

That is just sick... that poor dog!! I signed it :) \

And on a side note... I know there's another forum that this is linked to that has an off topic chat forum, but a lot of the betta people never go on there cause this is technically a separate site, I just think we should have our own general chat section... I think ill talk to the admin :D
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #3 
1fish2fish

Thanks!
I agree.. I've never been to the tropical fish forum.. (I didn't post it there so if anyone is a frequenter of the tropical forum please re-post if you don't mid)
Old 01-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #4 
aknight

I signed too and posted it to my facebook page.
aknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #5 
1fish2fish

Thanks aknight! Word is spreading fast so maybe this will get the attention it deserves and the creep will go away for a long time and into some intensive therapy.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #6 
dr2b

There is already a general chat section on TropicalFishkeeping. Bettafish.com is part of that.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #7 
AngelicScars

It would be nice to have a general chat section here as well. I only come to Bettafish.com.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #8 
dr2b

Same, I never use TropicalFishKeeping. I mentioned it to Dramaqueen last night about possibly mentioning to Admin about getting an off-topic section here.

And that page about Buddy ... that is absolutely heartbreaking! It breaks my heart to see stuff like that or the commercials on TV for ASPCA and stuff.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

It breaks mine as well. Thats why stuff like this shouldn't be tolerated. People need to band together and collectively say "this isn't right".. its the only way laws and punishments will change.

We talk about getting better treatment for petstore bettas and educating about proper care.. but some times I wonder how that will ever happen when people still think that something like what happened to Buddy is acceptable. And dogs are the most popular pet in the US.

I'm not an "animal rights activist" but I will NOT stand for dogs being brutally tortured just as much as I will educate any betta owner I come across on how to give the BEST possible care.

The sad thing is.. this isn't new.. it happens ALL the time! Yet we don't hear about it on the news? Less media coverage is like saying "oh well its just a dog"

I just think about poor Buddy's owners. To have your dog stolen from you and then to find out what happened to him.. I can't imagine the pain they have to be going through.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #10 
CodeRed

@dr2b. Those commercials you see on TV are usually for HSUS, and NEVER donate to them. They don't support humane societies, and use to money for campaigning and such. If you ever desire donate to a humane society, or ASPCA or some kind, DO NOT DONATE TO HSUS (Humane Society of United the States), because your money will NOT be helping animals who need it. I found this out, and it really shocked me, because they make it seem like the money you're giving will help places with animals.
Just an FYI, in case some people didn't know that =/ It's really sad that they mislead people like that.

Anyways, I really, really hate animal abuse, but I've heard that online petitions rarely ever work, and are usually disregarded. But if you think THAT's bad, a man at my mom's work (A little disgusting ahead, children don't read this D:) cut off his neighbor's kitten's head when it wandered into his apartment, and stuck it in his freezers. It was disgusting, and NOTHING happened to him. Nothing at all. As far as I know, he still works with my mom. =/ It's so wrong what people can get away with these days.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote