Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #11 
Dead Sunlight

Wow, u guys have quite some jumpers!!!

I'm glad that they r all safe, I don't have any jumpers:)

And yea, fish r slimey!!!
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #12 
betta fish crazy

I don't have any jumpers. (phew)
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #13 
bloo97

I don't have any jumpers but once one of my bettas jumped out of it's cup! I heard a "Flop Flop" sound on the counter, looked over and it was Cosmo! I put him in the net and he was fine, thank God.
I will never touch a fish because I am afraid I am going to spread desease to my house because I don't wash my hands well enough or something. I always put a BOATLOAD of soap on my arm after waterchanges and I still don't think that's enough. I don't use the counter I did waterchanges on for food after 3 days even though it's been disinfected. (Sp.?)
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #14 
BettaGirl290

ugggggh, sometimes i forget to wash my hands after touching stuff in the water, i mean touching the water to make sure its not to hot.....
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #15 
purplemuffin

:) The slime is good for them! it would be bad if they weren't slimy! Protects them from icky stuff! Glad your betta is ok! Sounds scary!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #16 
shell85

I had the same experience when I was changing the newest guy's water but it was my fault why he jumped, i wanted him to jump back into the tank and he jumped in the opposite direction and hit the floor. I thought he died on the floor because he stopped moving for a few seconds and i was too scared to touch him completely with my bare hands.
shell85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had to pick Fernando up off the floor and it didn't even dawn on me to wet my hands or put Stresscoat in the water. Thanks for the info, Jackie!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #18 
rejohnson53

I once had a betta jump when I wasn't in the room. I lost him... ;( That was the last time I kept a betta in a tank with no lid.

I've trained Two-Tails to jump for his food, but he's never hopped OUT of the tank.
rejohnson53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #19 
goldfish11

wow... i do not know what i would have done if that happened to ME.
goldfish11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #20 
Lunatatice

I've had jumpers that don't actually jump OUT of their tank, only when you're netting them. My betta fish used to do that but luckily never does it anymore. I had three ADFs and once when I was netting them for a water change, I netted two at the same time (BIG mistake) and BOTH jumped out of the net onto the floor! I screamed like an idiot (waking up my sister at like 7 in the morning) and quickly got the first one in the tank. I thought the second one was dead by the time I got it in the tank, but luckily he was ok. They are pretty hard to net if they jump out of your net because they can jump even when they're out of water. That definetly taught me to net only ONE at a time and to put a piece of paper over the top of the net. So if you plan on getting ADFs or if you already have them, just letting you know they're notorious jumpers.:)
(This also happened to a pet store worker when he was netting an ADF for me, it must have been pretty embarrasing for him. )
Lunatatice is offline   Reply With Quote