Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

Multi-betta owners.. question..

CR said something on another thread that made me think about this.. for those of us that have lots of bettas (lets say over 4)... what would you do if you had to choose 1 and give the rest away? Who would you choose?

None of that "I couldn't choose" stuff. Which one (if any) would you keep if you absolutely had to give them up. Lets say your parents are making you, or your spouse, or your dorm institued a new 1 tank only rule... something like that and you HAD to choose. Who would it be and why?

I think that would be one of the hardest decisions ever.. yet I know immediately who I would keep.

I would keep Freddie Mercury

He's my oldest fish (even though I've only had him a little over a year). The reason I would choose him is, had it not been for his tail biting I would have never started to get on forums and such. I originally got on to see what's wrong with him and came to find out I'd been taking horrid care of my fish. Because Freddie decided to bite his tail I was able to learn what I was doing wrong and fix it (and pick up a betta addiction in the process).

I would also keep him because he is by far the most low maintenance fish I have. He likes to be left alone, he likes only one weekly water change, he's happy in a small (2.5 gallon) tank. And he's got a great personality.

If Fish were still alive I would of course have chosen him but Freddie is my resident old timer grumpy man and I love him that way.

So.. who would you keep and why? (and No.. you can't pick your entire sorority.. just one fish )
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #2 
Welsh

Does that include females too?

If so, then its a tough decision between Clarke Gable and my Female HM Tinie. Tinie is a fish version of myself, she always stays in the background and is very shy as for Clarke Gable he is just a cute lil fella who at the minute is giving me puppy dog eyes everytime I pour my glass of wine lol But if I had to chose one it would be Clark Gable, no one likes a background lurker, its plain creepy :p :p
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

Yeah.. male or female doesn't matter.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #4 
kuklachica

I'd have to pick Cielo. Even though his rays are pain in the butt (but they are growing back!!!!!), he is by far my most people-fish. He is so excited to see people, then starts flaring and building a bubble nest. He's hilarious. It would be hard to choose though because I have a couple who I **really** like, but between his silly flary faces and his bubblenests, and loving people, I'd have to go with him.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #5 
vaygirl

I don't even like to think about it and I'm hiding my monitor from Whiskey as I type but....

The Tango-man! My first betta and still the funnest happiest guy in the house.

vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #6 
puppyrjjkm

I'd pick Tiberius! He's the prettiest CT I've seen in person and he's so easy going! :)

puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #7 
bloo97

I don't have over 4, but I would probably choose....Lucky. He is a B-day present and he's (Shhhh!! Don't tell Dragon!) my favorite.
Sorry, It's not the best Pic.

Last edited by bloo97; 07-20-2010 at 04:28 PM.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #8 
TheJadeBetta

If I had to choose it would be my little Tanya. I love my little female. Sadly this is an old picture. I need a new one of her, but I can't find my camera.

TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #9 
BerkB33

Wink

This reminds me of a movie..."Sophie's Choice." A jewish mother having to choose between her two children...an older son or the younger daughter...They were boarding a concentration camp train and the Nazi's made her choose...... i'll let you see the movie...
BerkB33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:49 PM   #10 
1fish2fish

I've seen that movie. Its really sad but really good.