Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #11 
puppyrjjkm

Or get the 10 gal at petsmart for $30 with hood, lights, and filter. Then you could divide it and have both your bettas in one tank. :) Just remember to buy a heater, which isn't over $20. So it's perfect for your budget!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #12 
frogipoi

I might get a 10 gallon. I might get another betta (Aqua is my bro's) and divide the tank! Thanks! This is a maybe cause my mom is picky about stuff and room. She said "so you want your room to be betta land?" and I said "Yes! Can we?". After that she chuckled which means Well who will be paying for the fish and bills? Her. I can't wait till Christmas because there would be no "no" for that! XD
(lol THANKS!)
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #13 
Maryrox247

Happy almost b-day!!! By the way i just wanted to give you some money making tips and a little idea! Well if you get the 10 gallon i have some good news.... it is a little something i like to call dividing the tank! you can divide it for males! In up to 3 sections! By the way, to make sure the dividers fit you should measure your tank to see if the measurements meet the measurements of the dividers. And here are a few ways i get money fast: First look around all over the house in between couch cushions, under stuff, everywhere! You mught find some loose change! Another way: If your parents will allow it you can ask neighbors (ONLY ones you know!) if they need their lawn raked.or if your up to it and your parents are ok with it you could offer some fish tank help! (clean off algae and maybe do a water change) Another way is a good old fashioned lemonade stand! (i cant do it in my area though because the stupid home owners association banned it) Good luck!
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #14 
frogipoi

Thanks, lemonade stands are banned here I think.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #15 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogipoi View Post
I might get a 10 gallon. I might get another betta (Aqua is my bro's) and divide the tank! Thanks! This is a maybe cause my mom is picky about stuff and room. She said "so you want your room to be betta land?" and I said "Yes! Can we?". After that she chuckled which means Well who will be paying for the fish and bills? Her. I can't wait till Christmas because there would be no "no" for that! XD
(lol THANKS!)
No problem! We'll be excited to see pics of the new setup!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #16 
Jooleeah

why were lemonade stands banned D:
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #17 
frogipoi

puppyrjjkm: Thanks! I think I will get them on Christmas or later. I will just remove a couple things off the list and it will work! Thanks! I want a red betta and a yellow/ orange one! I will post pics if I get them on my B-day or Christmas! If I can't find one at the pet store that looks good I will try Aquabid. THANKS!
Jooleeah: If that was to me, it is probably because annoying and no room. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT BY THE WAY.Not to shout, but that is the main reason.
Everyone: THANKS!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #18 
wallywestisthebest333

Also check freecycle http://www.freecycle.org/ and yard sales for tanks! =] I think freecycle has a strong footing in your area wich means you could get a tank for free! =] My best friends found a 10 gallon for $3.50 at a yardsale a month ago. she didn't know I wanted on though so she didn't buy it! XD

for deals on aquarium stuff online just go to doctors foster and smith's aquatic store. =] http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/ EVERYTHING there is incredibly cheap right now and it's all good quality! =]

I'm happy for you! =] Be sure to post with updates! =]

On lemonade stands: My mom would only let us build one in our yard and since we live on a busy road and there are no sidewalks noone stopped! XD

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 07-22-2010 at 10:38 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #19 
Maryrox247

Lemonade stands (and all other stands) were banned here because the kids would get in the street and stop cars to ask for them to buy stuff.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #20 
frogipoi

Okay! I will tell you the plan! I am going to get a 10 gallon and divide it into 3 parts. Then I put my current betta in there with 2 more! Then I can get 2 more bettas! I hope my mom listens to my plans!