Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #1 
frogipoi

Cool Petsmart bowl...

Is this a good bowl?
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...&ab=hp_lv_fish
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Yep!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #3 
Adastra

30 bucks for a 2.5 gallon? Personally, I would go with the Marineland Eclipse 3 or Eclipse 5. They are well-designed and come with fluorescent lights. The one you selected has an incandescent, which would have to be changed to a fluorescent bulb.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #4 
frogipoi

It is a 5 gallon I am getting at my pet smart.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #5 
JKfish

still, it's extremely overpriced, and those tanks scratch much more easily
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #6 
frogipoi

I know but it is the cheapest thing... and I have one and it comes with stuff so I think it is kinda cheap. It is fine I believe so look at it again. It comes with a booklet, filter, food, and water conditioner.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #7 
JKfish

I know, but this : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...-Pets/12177653 ,this has everything that does, but with better lights (the florescent kind) and that will be just as expensive as the 2.5 gallon one available at petsmart. The 5 gallon one you want to buy will probably be 35-45 dollar range, which is about as much as the 10 gallon kit Walmart sells.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #8 
akjadestar

I think it's a good tank, but you probably COULD find a better deal somewhere else, like try Amazon, or Kijiji or Ebay, maybe Craigslist (I don't really trust it though) Trust me, you'll be SOOOOO glad you did, I saved like, 100 dollars buying my 10 gallon from Kijiji. ;)
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #9 
wallywestisthebest333

You should go with the link JKFish gave you! =] It's the same tank I have! =] It's wonderful and Alakazam loved it before I put him in the hospital jar. =]

I'd get the ten gallon though because it only costs about 5-10 more dollars, takes up about 2 or 3 more inces of space, and has 5 MORE GALLONS!!!!

Seriously. get the 10 gallon. =/ You could have 2 bettas in there comfortably! WITH TANKMATES!!!!! LIKE SNAILS! :D

I'm thinking of buying the 10 gallon before I go off to college and selling my bleached and squeaky clean 5 gallon at a yard sale or on cragslist. =] I'll sell it at half price but still.... money is money these days ya know? =]

I'm sure if you ask your mom she'll be cool with it. Especially if you tell her it's better quality for a better price! =] And that it's much easier to find because it'll be at your local walmart and you don't have to go all the way to a petstore! =]

Plus if you only have one or two bettas you probably won't have to upgrade! =] Or if you get more you could divide it into four and they'd have 2.25 gallons each! =]

in other words........

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR PRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUU UURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEE!!!!!
XD

Lol. XD
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #10 
wallywestisthebest333

OOOH!!!! I'm gonna upload my vids of alakazam in the 5 gallon and put them on youtube! =] then you can see how totally awesome the tank is :D...... and how awfully messy my room is.... D,:

*crawls into a hole ashamed*
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote