Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2010, 08:02 AM   #31 
bearwithfish

if you would like Frogi you can take the time to copy what you have.. research a bit more , post a thread requesting members to submit entries on methods they have used, and we can remove this one so that after you have gathered mor information you can compile it all together and re post with more information. that would be good... true some things you have need to be polished up a bit and some reviewed for accuracy but all told i think your heart is in the right place... let me know what you want to do moving forward....

as my contribution -
while researching some time ago i found a wonderful guide to making a Betta Drip system. my thought was that after the fry reach the point where separation must occur this set up would be a great way to house the little guys until they could be purchased here is the link to part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxVy6kUM37I
be sure to realize that often part of this could be purchased at a great discount using local resources and internet posting sites such as Craigs list etc...
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #32 
frogipoi

How to breed a betta part one
When you find the two perfect bettas you must breed, you think "Shoot, how do I breed?" You think and think but have no clue. Well here we will take many methods of breeding and you can create your own or try one that you like. Many famous breeders use Indian Almond leaves to make the water brown like in Bettas' wild home in Thailand. Let's start natural;
You need a 10g-mature/heavy planted tank filled to the top with water, no filters, soiled base with sand cap, 80*F, lots of pond, ramshorn, and trumpet snails and RCS for clean up, Indian Almond leaf.
For grow out have a 20-70g tank and you can your males together for up for a year if the fry are left with the pa pa at least the first thirty days.
I intro the breeders in the spawning tank at the same time and usually will have spawn within 1-3 hours
Let the male pick his nesting site under a floating plant (probably)
Start daily 50% water changes once you start adding live food to the tank when the the fry are about 6-7 days, they feed off the infusoria and other micro-critters the develop in a mature NPT
First foods-infusoria (grown in the spawning tank) then NHBBS, HUFA supplemented BBS, white worms,
the mosquito larva are for the adults for conditioning along with other live foods
What I have personally seen in the two method I have used-bare bottom-half full, remove male and the natural method......a few differences I have noted...
BB method-easier to count and clean-but I get more deaths related to pathogen/parasites, more neurotic type behaviors as adults, swim bladder problems
Natural method-hard to count until they learn the feeding tap, no health issues, less aggressive Betta.
Is this better? Tips:
cycle,
Old Fish lady's method, give her credit!!

Last edited by frogipoi; 07-27-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: CREDIT!
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #33 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogipoi View Post
And I just wanted to inspire people. I said YOU do not have to. It is just something. I wanted people's opinions. Sorry! *cries* You know I am 10.
I think this is a really good idea, it's a place where people can share their experiences and leave tips. Don't let one or two people get you down!

Also, just a tip for you, it's not really a good idea to post your age on the internet. This is a pretty safe site, but anyone can see it and it just isn't a good idea.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:32 PM   #34 
frogipoi

lot of people do. I am not really 10! I said that to trick you. It isn't safe to put your state either.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #35 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogipoi View Post
lot of people do. I am not really 10! I said that to trick you. It isn't safe to put your state either.
I really don't believe that you said you were 10 just to trick us, it's okay if you are but I was just saying because it's just a good habit to get into (not telling personal info). It's fine for me to put my state because there are over a hundred counties in Kentucky, many more cities/towns than that, and no one knows my name/address.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #36 
frogipoi

I really am not. I am around that but I meant I was...
J/K about the state
Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #37 
Learn To Fly

Alright. It's okay, about the state.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #38 
frogipoi

*dances* Well that is over.Do you breed bettas?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #39 
Learn To Fly

No, but I probably could except that I can't really pay for all the things I'd need right now.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #40 
frogipoi

I won't breed till I feel like I learned every thing.