Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2010, 03:16 AM   #1 
Whatswithgravity

How small?

I'm thinking about getting a betta fish and a few other fish for a community tank and I was wondering how small is too small for the non betta fish? Like... What size would a betta be able to wrap his mouth around? Lol
Whatswithgravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

IMO-it all depends on how dedicated you are to water changes and your life style....the smaller the tank the more water changes are needed.
If you go away for a 3 day weekend or take lots of vacations then the bigger the tank the better........
And I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 10g tank if you want other fish with your Betta and then you are limited on number and size of other tank mates.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #3 
JKfish

There aren't many good tankmates for bettas, and most (not counting shrimps and snails) are schooling fish that need at least 15 gallons. The fish will be quick, able to outswim a betta, and docil. Harlequin rasboras are nice schooling fish. :)

For snails and shrimps, try and get them as large as possible, aim for about an inch or bigger.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 AM   #4 
Whatswithgravity

Thangs guys. Afer researching it a bit I think I'm just gonna try a shrimp or two with him. If he eats them he eats them lol
sorry for wasting your time >.<
Whatswithgravity is offline   Reply With Quote