Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #21 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
if they are in small tanks without a filter then you should be changing the water 100% daily or every other day.
absolutely no. Fish get stress out if u change them every day . Thet will get sick. Don't do it .

How small is u tank?

I have two jobs where i have bettas. One of the office i have fish in 0.5 gal. I change them every 7 days for approx 1.8 or 2 years

at home i have 5 bettas in the winter in 2.5 gal tank each . I change them approx every 10,14 days.

I always leave portion their original water,just as much as i can get without all dirt came from bottom.

I also started put aquarium salt for about 1 year ago , but i put less than instructions tell u. I read that it warking as preventative, but same people say it can influence kidney.
It is good put aquar.salt whan u treat fish
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #22 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
if they are in small tanks without a filter then you should be changing the water 100% daily or every other day.
i think it's bad idia when people put bettas in one tank even if it's separated? If one betta get sick go to another one .
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #23 
Oldfishlady

When frequent large water changes are completed correctly it should not cause very much stress on the Betta, often the Betta will look forward to the water changes.

You can have short term stress from water changes but you also can have stress along with other health and fin problems from the lack of water changes.

Which is better:

Short term Stress from a water change and the Betta thrives
or
Stress from living in poor conditions with the added stress of health and fin problems, that now need treatment-stress from treatment and harsh medication-all can shorten the life span of the Betta and the Betta only survives......

Freshwater fish thrive in fresh water not just survives
To be a good keeper of fish you must first be a keeper of water......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote