Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #1 
XSprinkleFaceX

Constant flaring?

I woke up today with Finn under his new bubblenest that he made last night (hooray! the new plants must've made him super happy.) and he's constantly flaring at the back of his tank. I'm thinking he sees his reflection so how do I get rid of it? :S
I don't wanna stress him out too much.

Ps. Not sure if this thread belongs here...Sorry if it doesn't..
XSprinkleFaceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #2 
vaygirl

Is it dark around his tank? Try a light near it. If it's against a dark wall or in a dark corner they can see themselves really well. Light outside the tank helps. Or you could try a background or plants to break up his line of sight with the back wall. I had to get a background for Tango's tank for that reason. His tank is in a dark corner in my living room.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #3 
XSprinkleFaceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Is it dark around his tank? Try a light near it. If it's against a dark wall or in a dark corner they can see themselves really well. Light outside the tank helps. Or you could try a background or plants to break up his line of sight with the back wall. I had to get a background for Tango's tank for that reason. His tank is in a dark corner in my living room.
Ok thanks. Also, did you make the background yourself or did you buy it?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #4 
Amour

A cool background I saw once was a big piece of brown paper bag that was all crumbled up and flattened out. I want to make one like that myself sometime. Maybe it would look good in your tank?
Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #5 
XSprinkleFaceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amour View Post
A cool background I saw once was a big piece of brown paper bag that was all crumbled up and flattened out. I want to make one like that myself sometime. Maybe it would look good in your tank?
Maybe...I was thinking of construction paper lol Do you put it inside the tank or stick it to the outside?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #6 
vaygirl

I bought mine. But I needed it to be really busy and involved. Tango's bright orange so he can see himself really well on a dark tank wall. I got one at Petco that had a blue aquarium on one side and like a desert colored terrarium wall on the other. I used the wall because it kinda matched his color.

You stick it to the outside.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #7 
XSprinkleFaceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
I bought mine. But I needed it to be really busy and involved. Tango's bright orange so he can see himself really well on a dark tank wall. I got one at Petco that had a blue aquarium on one side and like a desert colored terrarium wall on the other. I used the wall because it kinda matched his color.

You stick it to the outside.
Cool Ill just get some construction paper or cut a picture from National Geographic and put it as his background. :)
Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #8 
Amour

See in this video? They have crumbled paper as their background. It looks kinda nice.

Clicky
Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #9 
XSprinkleFaceX

That does look nice..it gives a natural look to thetank. And that's good, my betta is the same colour so if it works for them It'll work for me too! :P Although my walls are basically the same colour (just lighter) as the crumbled paper. lol
Old 07-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #10 
vaygirl

I don't know if crumpled paper would help as much as something more colorful. If you're putting a solid color on the back I would think he could still see himself. Maybe not as well though. Try different stuff. See what happens.