Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #31 
JosShavaughn

I forgot that now that I've moved I can use the Deep East Texas craigslist. Before I was living in a small town about an hour from Fort Worth and I tried posting on craigslist but it deleted my post because I was too far. But now I can use the D-ETX craigslist. I posted on there offering to trade some Scentsy for the supplies I need. And like I said I also posted on the local freecycle. Hopefully between the two I will find something. I would go to garage sales, but I only have like $7 left, so I need to save my money, and pray someone just wants to get rid of the stuff. Zombie doesn't look very happy in his efficiency, so I really want to get him a bigger home ASAP.
JosShavaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #32 
JosShavaughn

One last thing!

How often do I feed Zombie? I've already fed him 3x today. I don't know. He ate the first time, and I think the second time, but I don't know about the third time, I haven't checked on him in like an hour.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #33 
vaygirl

Their tummies are the size of one of their eyes. They don't need a lot. I feed mine 6 pellets a day but the pellets are really, really small. Big pellets maybe only 2 or 3 a day.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #34 
XSprinkleFaceX

I feed mine 3 at night and 3 in the morning. He's very active and needs his food. :) You can do the same depending on the food you have.
Good luck with your bids btw!
XSprinkleFaceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #35 
JosShavaughn

I think I'll go w/ morning, noon, and night for the time being.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #36 
XSprinkleFaceX

How many pellets do you feed him each time?
Btw don't forget to take out his uneaten pellets or it'll pollute the water faster.
XSprinkleFaceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #37 
Amour

Walmart has a really awesome 5 gallon aquarium kit for only $30. Clicky. It's what I bought my betta and he loves it. It comes with a filter, tank, and hood with a light.
I also bought silk plants from walmart. A three pack is like four dollars and my betta loves sleeping on their leaves. I have a mixture of silk plants and live plants in my tank.

I also found a cool little ceramic jug with holes in it at Petsmart that my betta goes into to hide when he's sad.

Here's a picture of it.

Also, I found a Theo Hydor (one of the best brands) 25 watt heater on Ebay which was $21 including shipping.
Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #38 
JosShavaughn

Amour, that's what I want. A tank/kit like that. Whenever I get the money, that's what I want to go get him.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #39 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosShavaughn View Post
I am using distilled water, and fine, I'll go buy some dechlorinator! Zombie is really turning out to bleed my almost empty wallet. This da mn fish better last a long time!
please not distilled water.u need spring water. be also sure it not purified water once i used deer park spring water for like approx 6 mon . distilled water doesn't have any menerals.

seriosly write me. if u tell me how i can sand u $10-15 so u can take care of u betta. drops are not expansive and it lasted vary long time . and he also need more water in this cup.water will get contaminated,and he will get sick.

any way just keep him in spring water,more water please. in this small cont u have to change him evert other day.make sure u live his clean original watet as much as u can.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #40 
Ajones108

Anhel, your grammar is making me lose brain cells. :( He's already talking care of it, if you read back 3 pages.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote