Betta Fish Forum banner

Fluval Chi

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Zoelie 
#1 ·
Hello everyone :)

I was just wondering if anyone here has purchased this tank. (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4232279). I am thinking about buying it for Chai and the only thing I am worried about is that it has no lid :roll: Not sure if anyone has bought it and had opinions on it. I was thinking I could always make a lid out of craft mesh and cut it down to size..but I don't think that would look so good unless I could spray paint it black or something.

Thanks!

#4 · (Edited)
That has to be the prettiest 5 gal I've ever seen! O_O

DO WANT!

Good luck with it if you get it! =]

Oh! The first review says it's really hard to turn the light on and off and that you have to use both hands and get both hands wet.

aparently if you get the 6.6 you get a remote that turns the light on and off.....

WOW!!! There are remotes for aquariums! <3

just thought you should know about that before buying. =]

oh! it also has a poor light according to that review. but I think a desk lamp would be just fine for that. =]

#6 ·
I think I read somewhere that betta's won't really jump if they like the environment where their living, if u maintain good water quality, good temp. and just nice decor like plants and ornaments they can hide in if stressed. They won't necessarily jump.

Betta's jump in the wild to find better water's to live in.

I left my tank lids off a few time's, well forgot to put them back on, and my betta's did not jump out, they never did try. I take that as a sign that their happy with where they live, there's other sign's than a bubble nest to let u know their happy.

#9 ·
Not sure what one I want yet though..I have a hard time cleaning tanks sometimes because they are so heavy...so I would maybe choose the 5 gal because of that..BUT its only a pound or so heavier for the other... 23 years old and 103 pounds *sigh*. I'm a wimp with no muscles lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.