Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #11 
Campbell

Aw, I'm sorry about that.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #12 
Amour

Sorry to hear that. That's why you must always keep a lid on Mister Betta's tank.
Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #13 
BettaBreederAllie

That is really sad. My first betta ever ( Casper ) jumped once. First onto my desk, then onto the floor. luckily i got him up and back into his tank before he died.

RIP.
BettaBreederAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #14 
SilverCaracal

I'm so sorry!! RIP
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #15 
Starbright

I'm sorry :( It must be hard, but just as your bf said, others are depending on you too!

RIP :[
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #16 
Inga

I am so sorry to hear about your fish. I know how close you can get to them. I have always heard of fish doing that and I have noted that it is written in some species descriptions that they might jump out and I was sort of shocked by that. I just don't get why they would do that? Rest in Peace, little guy.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #17 
Fishirila

Aww that is SO sad! My eyes actually watered reading this. T-T

It's so cute how you loved him so much. I know how it feels though. My first Betta died last Christmas. His name was Nagger. He was the cutest little guy you could ever imagine. Sometimes I swear he would communicate with me and tell me that he loved me with the way he looked at me. I could feel it, you know? He would get so excited whenever I walked into the room. We were really really close. Sometimes I would lay in bed reading a book and he would stare at me like he was wondering what I was doing and then I would start reading aloud so he could listen and he seemed to love it. It got to the point where he would flare if I didn't read to him at night. And when I met this guy and he started coming over, Nagger would flare at him and then hide all day in his little cave. He would actually get jealous!! He had so much personality. I miss him so much!! >.<

Well after a couple months I decided to move him into a much bigger tank. A 3 gallon one, and along with that I got him a friend. I was told Bettas fight with each other so I got him a Cichild, I think it was African. Anyway, several days went by and they seemed happy together until one night when I came home from work and I went to greet Nagger and his friend "Mybru" (that's what I had named the Cichild) but when I approached the tank I noticed something horrible. Nagger's tail coming out of the Cichild's mouth. THE DARN THING HAD DEVOURED HIM! TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT_TTTTTTTTTT I freaked out and didn't know what to do. I was even gonna call the police but instead I called my mom and she came and held me and helped me feel better. Then she made the Cichild spit him out and we put him in a little bottle. He looked so bad. Omg it still gives me chills to remember that.

After that I put him in the freezer, where he still lays to this day. I even took him to work with me and kept it in the fridge there. I don't know why, but it just made me feel better.

Now I take him out and sing to him every now and then, when I feel sad. I miss him so much.

Needless to say I took the Cichild bak to the pet store. I hated him so much but I understood he didn't mean to hurt me so much.

So I know what you must be going through. I wish I could help you feel better but I know nobody can.

I just hope he's in heaven with Nagger. I know Nagger will be his friend and take care of him. I can tell you that much.

R.I.P
Fishirila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #18 
frogipoi

Cichild!? Bettas should never be with those! Where did you get that idea?
So sorry T.T Naggar is with Missy too. Missy is some where on a thread.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #19 
Fishirila

Yeah I had to learn the hard way. T_T
Fishirila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #20 
frogipoi

So sorry, I guess we need to research more.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote