Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #1 
Zoelie

Exclamation Sick fish (with pictures)

I woke up this morning to find Chanel sick This is my first sick fish so I have no idea what is going on. Yesterday morning I did a 100% water change ( i try to do them every 2-3 days as she is in a smaller tank), and she was absolutely fine (no fuzz, no bump on her spine or clamped fins). I usually check on all my fish before bed too, and she was fine last night. Overnight she seems to have developed strings of fuzz hanging off her, over her eyes (the best I can describe it is that it looks like skin or something hanging off, kind of like when a snake sheds it's skin), clamped fins, and a strange bump in her spine. Please help :( I really hope I caught this early enough so i can treat her.

Random skin type stuff over her eyes and fuzzy lines coming off of her.

You can really see the little bump/hump on her in this picture. I tried to circle the fuzz on her, sorry if it's hard to see.
Zoelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Usually when a fish makes more slim it is due to the environment, I would make another 50-100% water changes with like temp dechlorinated water to rule that out as a cause.
Something could have been on your hands, fell in the tank, a spray in the room, not enough dechlorinator etc.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #3 
Zoelie

hmm okay. Thanks for the advice. I know I used the correct amount of declorinator. I hope i had nothing on my hands :(
Zoelie is offline   Reply With Quote