Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #1 
Learn To Fly

Talking Updates!!

I just got back from my trip to NJ/NY and I had a LOT of fun! And yes, it involves bettas because...I FINALLY went to a Petco! There are millions (okay, not really lol) in every state but Kentucky and I was able to convince the family to go to two. Unfortunately I couldn't convince them that it was worth buying one though. So, Petco one: NJ

Their bettas seemed in pretty good shape. Mostly they had VTs, one Delta, some HMs, a couple CTs, VT females and one CT female. They had a sign for HMDBTs but they didn't have any left. There was this amazing green/teal marble rosetail that I really wanted but of course couldn't get. He would have been amazing to have, but at that point it was a two day drive home still and I frankly wasn't sure that a betta would make it...plus my dad said no. I didn't get any pictures of the bettas.

Petco two: WV

They had even more bettas than the Petco in NJ: Mostly Deltas, a few Kings/Giants and CTs, some HMs and DBTs and a few females, both VT and CT. I didn't see the VT males till a little bit later when I went looking. They were in the same cups but their water was filthy and most of them were in bad condition. I felt bad for them, it was like just because the weren't a special tail type they didn't get the same treatment.
There was a dragon and a whiteish one that was probably a dragon as well and a copper/dragon (not sure which) marble CT. The other two were Deltas. No truly special ones there. The funny thing was, we ended up buying water conditioner because we were running low at home. But no bettas :/

Then (actually earlier in the week) we went to this Japanese restaurant and what do they have but a betta! It had the LONGEST fins I have ever seen, but it had ammonia burns. It was in a tiny vase, probably 1/4 gallon, with only stones and nothing to hide behind. Poor thing. I wanted to rescue it (do you think they would have noticed if it went missing? I mean, it could have jumped out. XD ) But I didn't "rescue" it because that would actually be stealing...

Yeah, this kind of turned into a report on the conditions of the two Petcos I went to so sorry but I couldn't help it XD. I probably forgot something but I'll put it in later if I did.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Too bad you couldn't buy a betta.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #3 
RandomFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn To Fly View Post
Then (actually earlier in the week) we went to this Japanese restaurant and what do they have but a betta! It had the LONGEST fins I have ever seen, but it had ammonia burns. It was in a tiny vase, probably 1/4 gallon, with only stones and nothing to hide behind. Poor thing. I wanted to rescue it (do you think they would have noticed if it went missing? I mean, it could have jumped out. XD ) But I didn't "rescue" it because that would actually be stealing...
If they noticed you taking him, you could've told them that their sushi just wasn't rare enough for you. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Seriously though....someone would've eventually noticed he's gone but would not have thought much of it and simply replaced him. Just like they would if one of their flowers or lanterns went missing....he's just part of the decor to that restaurant.
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:07 AM   #4 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFish View Post
If they noticed you taking him, you could've told them that their sushi just wasn't rare enough for you. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Seriously though....someone would've eventually noticed he's gone but would not have thought much of it and simply replaced him. Just like they would if one of their flowers or lanterns went missing....he's just part of the decor to that restaurant.
Lol! Yeah, but how would I have gotten him home? After that night we went to the beach, then back to the mainland, then to WV and home.

And the person said that one of the staff has bettas and just supplies a new one when the other one dies, so I'm sure they wouldn't really care. Of course, if he has bettas I can't really imagine how he could let one live like that, but maybe all of his live that way. :(

And yeah dramaqueen, it's really too bad I couldn't get a fish...
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote