Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #11 
Fermin
Member
 
Fermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Women. :)
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #12 
gahcrazy
New Member
 
gahcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: just south of the 7/11 and circle K
I was just concerned about the number, less than four is a problem. I have only 1 thats peacful. poor lil girl, if i had three or more like her it would be a really great sorority of its own. Good luck with your girls. LOL Women :)

Last edited by gahcrazy; 07-26-2010 at 08:38 PM.
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #13 
ScuitoAmi150
Member
 
ScuitoAmi150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahcrazy View Post
I was just concerned about the number, less than four is a problem. I have only 1 thats peacful. poor lil girl, if i had three or more like her it would be a really great sorority of its own. Good luck with your girls. LOL Women :)
lol, yeah. i always try to keep 4 in there at a time. doesn't always work. =]
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #14 
Ajones108
Member
 
Ajones108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
ScutioAmi150 - How big is your tank?
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #15 
ScuitoAmi150
Member
 
ScuitoAmi150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajones108 View Post
ScutioAmi150 - How big is your tank?
10g
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #16 
Ajones108
Member
 
Ajones108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
That's why your females are attacking each other. :S Standard rule for a sorority IS 4-7 females but you have to follow the 1-gallon per 1-inch of fish rule, the smallest size a sorority can be is 20g. x_X If you just upgrade the tank size you won't have anymore issues.

Last edited by Ajones108; 07-26-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: messed something up
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:34 PM   #17 
ScuitoAmi150
Member
 
ScuitoAmi150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajones108 View Post
That's why your females are attacking each other. :S Standard rule for a sorority IS 4-7 females but you have to follow the 1-gallon per 1-inch of fish rule, the smallest size a sorority can be is 20g. x_X If you just upgrade the tank size you won't have anymore issues.
I was told be numorious people (all from on here) that it is 10g.
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #18 
Ajones108
Member
 
Ajones108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
That's odd, I've never heard of a harmonious 10g sorority, especially with 4 girls in it. Sometimes there's that 1-off girl that likes to harass all the others but otherwise... Well I'm out of ideas then. I know everyone that has a 20g sorority has no problems with it.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #19 
dipsydoodlenoodle
Member
 
dipsydoodlenoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajones108 View Post
That's odd, I've never heard of a harmonious 10g sorority, especially with 4 girls in it. Sometimes there's that 1-off girl that likes to harass all the others but otherwise... Well I'm out of ideas then. I know everyone that has a 20g sorority has no problems with it.
So far I do.

I got 4 girls from the same shop from the same tank at the same time and they've been fine (I think they are siblings). I got another girl; she seemed quite laid back and her fins were torn to shreds. I introduced her to my sorority and it's been fine. Two of my girls were a bit stressed when there was 4 girls; now there is a 5th one the stress lines have definately gone. Since the 5th girl I haven't seen ANY fin nipping at all. Before the 5th girl I had a tiny tiny tiny bit nipping but nothing bigger than a milimeter or two.

If worst comes to worst I have spare tanks if anything did start to go wrong.
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #20 
ScuitoAmi150
Member
 
ScuitoAmi150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipsydoodlenoodle View Post
So far I do.

I got 4 girls from the same shop from the same tank at the same time and they've been fine (I think they are siblings). I got another girl; she seemed quite laid back and her fins were torn to shreds. I introduced her to my sorority and it's been fine. Two of my girls were a bit stressed when there was 4 girls; now there is a 5th one the stress lines have definately gone. Since the 5th girl I haven't seen ANY fin nipping at all. Before the 5th girl I had a tiny tiny tiny bit nipping but nothing bigger than a milimeter or two.

If worst comes to worst I have spare tanks if anything did start to go wrong.
Right now we aren't sure if Drina is a boy or a girl and I don't want to take the chance of having him/her in the sorority continueing to chase my girls.
Should I get another girl to keep it at 5?
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Set up a sorority:) rubyfire Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 12 08-02-2011 12:15 PM
My Sorority Duckzorz Betta Pictures 6 06-27-2010 07:52 PM
A Sorority- How? goldyboy Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 12 03-18-2010 05:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.