Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #1 
BettaBoy84

Talking Moving on up! LARGE TANK!!!

Hey I currently have a small tank (15 Gallon) for a sorority, and im hooked. I am trading it in this week for a 65 Gallon!

I am hoping to put in lots of real plants, and may add soil and sand to bottom. Wondering what else would be needed to make sure these plants do VERY well, and the water is optimal for my betta.

Also, im going to need a larger pump and heater, any recommendations. I usually go to Walmart for That stuff (i hate going there but its innexpensive).

I was also going to puto either some small catfish in or a bottom fish.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #2 
Welsh

You could use some root tabs for the plants, I have heard a few people recommend these but I have never tried them myself

I'm not sure about the heater or pump,etc because I'm not from your neck of the woods lol

As for the bottom feeders you could have a school of cory cats or a pleco, if you go for the pleco then make sure he has some wood to help with digestion :) but not a common pleco as these need tank space the size of a river, they grow HUGE lol I would recommend a bristlenose or zebra pleco because they don't grow that big :)
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 gallon and up, 65 gallon, huge tank, large tank