Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #1 
kuklachica

Are you the betta lady?!?

The local Petco came to know me as the crazy betta lady. And now I work there and I get all the betta questions referred to me. A few weeks ago I helped a mom and her two young kids pick out everything they needed for their new bettas (two 2 gallon tanks, heaters, conditioner, silk plants, food, etc.). The kids were very nice and asked good questions and the mom was very concerned about doing the right thing. We talked about cycling, my bettas, feeding. etc. So yesterday I stopped in after church to pick up something I had left the night before when I closed (went incognito - skirt and nice shirt, no name tag, no petco shirt). This mom happened to be talking to the manager when I stopped by and saw me and was so excite, "Aren't you the betta lady!?!?". Man, I can't even shop in peace! The manager thought this was hilarious since they all knew me as that before I started working there. Anyway, the mom wanted to know why the female betta got darker in her new tank and why the male would flare his gills when he saw his reflection. She was so happy to see me and ask me these questions (even though I wasn't "working").

I just thought it was a funny story. Incognito but still recognized as THE BETTA LADY!!!!!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #2 
CodeRed

That nice xD It's nice to be recognized, I feel. I go into Petco and get plenty of hellos myself xD It's... nice :P

Edit: Lots of... "nice" in this post.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #3 
Alexanderismylife

LOL =] No,never been called the betta lady at a petstore lol! My friends always say im going to be that crazy old lady who owns a betta fish farm though xD
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #4 
bloo97

I am the the betta man in my house. lol
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #5 
vaygirl

I always bring my basset hound, so naturally NO ONE notices me. They all yell... "Molly!!". They even call them "Molly's fish tanks."
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #6 
Jooleeah

Haha i am xD i walk in and the girls who usually work at the fish section ask me what im getting :) and the people at the check out always ask "what number is this?" followed by some sarcastic number like 47 or 83 :P
Us bettafish.com-ers pretty much own the petstores by now xD we should get store credit ;D
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #7 
kuklachica

haha, I think that's how I got my job. Just be there a lot and show that you know what you're talking about. And somehow I managed to skip having to work at the cashier as a newbie, and went straight to fish/small animal/reptile etc. person. Woohoo!

Last edited by kuklachica; 07-26-2010 at 08:24 PM.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #8 
frogipoi

I am the betta girl here!
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

At the petsmart in my school they call me the Betta Girl. Usually when I'm in there they say "Bad week, huh?" because they know I go in there and look at all the bettas when I've had a bad day LOL

I've been trying to use that to my advantage to get a job there but so far no luck.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote