Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #11 
Mizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Just wondering, because I got to thinking how aweful one Petsmart is compared to another nearby when it comes to their betta care. The care is the bettas get from store to store varies so much, that I doubt there are any regulations at all. I've looked around online, but can't find anything about petsmart having regulations for their betta care. :P If they do, the regulations need to be changed because obviously they aren't working, and if they don't, they definately need to make some.
bettas are too cheap of a product for people to care about normally. they are a really hearty fish, cheap, and there are tons of them. you can do the rest of the math
Mizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #12 
cyndi

like everyone said, the quality of the tanks and betta cups depends upon the Petcare Manager. If they don't care that much, the bettas will suffer. There are no standard regs on how often they change water and feed them. Ours are fed and water changed once a week when they new ones come in. When i went to Pittsburg for training, i noticed the store i went to had much nicer cups and the bettas looked so much better. Our stores excuse is we are such a high volume store and they don't have time. But knowing what our tanks look like, sadly the bettas are not as high on the priority list as the tanks.
cyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #13 
frogipoi

My pet stores love bettas! The water is clean, bettas are happy and healthy!!!
Pet co is worse then Pet smart in my area but they love their bettas lots!
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #14 
vaygirl

I guess they're all different. Most of the bettas I saw at Petco today were lethargic and emaciated. They had this tiny, tiny dalmation who was in okay shape and my heart went out to him. He was SO itty bitty. The black and yellow crowntail I wanted is missing most of his tail. You can't even tell he's a crown now. It made me sad. I'm thinking I need to switch to Petsmart. I already reported them twice now. They're fine for a bit and then it all goes to crazy again.

Last edited by bearwithfish; 07-28-2010 at 07:55 PM.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #15 
frogipoi

^ no cuss words ^
Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #16 
JKfish

Froggie, I mean no offence when I say this, but Hell is a very "light" curse word (if you will). Vaygirl used it as a description. Hell is a horrible place, and her petco is a horrible place where bettas die and aren't treated well. Please, you aren't a moderator, or an admin, or anyone of authority. I understand you are concerned for your and other childrens' mental well being, but you must accept that this is a site on the internet, and thus there will be occasional "cuss" words. There is a reason most sites you can join ask the children below 13 to stay away.

You are on the internet, which is more or less the playground for older teens and adults. There will be a few graphic images, curse words, bad content. This is something you'll have to accept if you want to interact online. You are not the admin, and constantly jumping onto people for the occasional curse word here and there will make you seem an annoyance.

Last edited by JKfish; 07-28-2010 at 06:10 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #17 
frogipoi

Okay. Sorry. My mom doesn't like them. SORRY!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #18 
vaygirl

Nah, it's okay. In this case I meant it descriptively. The definition of hell is: a place or state of misery, torment. That's what those fish were in, a place of misery and torment. No harm, no foul. Back to the thread!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #19 
frogipoi

Okay. My pet smart is really good about the fish. Petco is like h*** (just to be safe lol)
Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #20 
JKfish

Not all Petcos are he**ish, I mean, there as some awesome petcos, and awesome petsmarts out there, just like there are awesome petcos and petsmarts.

Also, I need comments from people to include in my letter. Type up anything you wanna talk about, be it how often you think the bettas' water should be cleaned, or how often he/she is fed, wheter you would be more inclined to buy from a petsmart with healthy fish vs dying fish, etc. However, be sure to include how many years you have been keeping betta fish :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote