Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #1 
Drift

Talking My 3 Betta's. (Sorta image heavy)

EDIT: So I could have sworn I was under the Betta Pictures thread. Sorry!
So I'm new to the community, but I remember getting my first Betta "Flame" when I was 4 and he lived 7 years. :) I recently got back into fish. I started with a 5 gallon community tank and realized they just where not my favorite and came home wit ha 2.5 gallon and a Betta. :) All while trying to save money... Now here I am with my 3 current Betta's.
Bubba, my dark blue and red Veil tail who I've had for 4 years. Urckle, my cambodian crowntail I got around christmas. I just got Durban, my other Veil tail who has a creamy body and a very light pastel aqua color fins who I got for my birthday back in June.
All three currently reside in 2.5 gallons. Bubba has a 10 gallon that needs to be cleaned all the way down, then Urckle and Durban have a 10 gallon split tank that needs to cycle. :)
Anyways, pictures.
Bubba's old 10 gallon.

All of my Betta's love those floating logs. :)

And Urckle's 2.5 gallon. (Old, but what he's currently in.)

Durban when I first got him, he hung out in a boring Critter keeper, but it was better than a cup!

Pictures do not do his color justice at all. :(

On the side note, I need to an I idea as what to do with Bubba's 10 gallon since I'm going to clean it all out.

Last edited by Drift; 07-27-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #2 
RandomFish

Nice bubble nest there! That's a great pic of him guarding it & enjoying his little floating log.

Durban is gorgeous...I love light-colored bettas. Is he like a sea-green?
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #3 
Drift

All of my betta's are obsessed with those logs! That was one of the best bubble nest's he had ever made. I really need to get his 10 gallon cleaned and back up and running, he's much happier in it.

Durban's color is really hard to describe. I would say it's almost like a aqua with a gray tint that's very light in color. It almost has that "steel" color to it. He was an awesome Petco find. :D
Old 07-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice pics!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #5 
wallywestisthebest333

I LOVE durban's seafoam color! That's him in your avatar right? =] Yeah I gotta finish re-setting up my 5 gallon. =] I know how you feel. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #6 
newfiedragon

Durban looks a lot like my yellow crowntail, Helios.

newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #7 
Drift

It's really hard to get decent pictures of my fish, the autofocus on my camera focus's on everything in the tank but my Betta's. Haha, I usually take 100 + pictures and only one or two come out decent.
Yes, that is Durban in my Avatar. I don't mind setting it up, but I don't have any creative juices left in my brain so he's getting basically the same set-up as before. Everything has just been re-cleaned and scrubbed down.
Durban looks a lot like Helios! He's more creamy color than yellow with the pastelly seafoamy green fins, haha. I love that name too. That was one of the names I had in mind for my dog. :)
Old 07-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #8 
frogipoi

Cool!
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #9 
Fermin

Great photos! Geez - I wonder if my betta would like a floating log... where did you get that?
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #10 
Drift

I purchased my first one at a large local place called That Fish Place, That Pet Place. However, my past two I found at Petsmart. I know you can find them online. :)

Also, I found a picture of my moms VT I got her for her birthday. :) His names Stan. We are argue about if he is "green" or not.

Last edited by Drift; 07-28-2010 at 11:28 PM.