Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #1 
newfishmom

Plant sticky?

Ok....I got scammed. Had been looking up plants to go into my aquarium. Went to Petsmart. Totally forgot the names of the ones I was thinking about! Came home with...4" Wisteria Plant (Hygrophila difformis) which is good for aquarium use and a 4" Gold Ribbon Plant (Dracaena variegatus) which is NOT an aquarium plant!!!!! Grrrrr....why do they sell plants as being for your aquarium when they aren't? I know....to make money on those of us who can't remember what we have read or who haven't done any research. Soooo....I will be returning the Gold Ribbon on Saturday and taking my list of "good" plants to have with me this time!

A Sticky that tells the different types of good aquarium plants with pictures would be good. Also, telling how easy or hard the individual plant is to care for and maybe the proper way to care for the plant? Anybody else think so?
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

We have a good one at our parent forum TropicalFishKeeping. I'll see if I can find the link.
I hope this helps! http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/a...rmations-1742/

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-30-2010 at 11:03 PM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:51 AM   #3 
MustardGas

Yeah, at the PetSmart I work at we have Mondo Grass and Bamboo (Bella Palm I think it really is..) and we've tried to stop recieving it but it's a lot harder than it seems. In the meantime we're just telling people not to buy it because it'll rot.
MustardGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:43 PM   #4 
newfishmom

Thanks for the link dramaqueen!

MustardGas - it's at least good to know someone is trying to do something about it! My PetSmart they don't say anything, of course when I tried to ask the fish person there were GOBS of people there and she was busy.
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote